Tuesday, June 03, 2008

There's a new addition to the Davis house....and is sounds so sweet!





This is what I won from the lottery! My name was drawn from a hat for this paino that my Grandfather and Great Aunt's grew up playing!! This was bought in the 1920's by my Great-Grandmother for her daughters. It has been passed around a few houses and I am so grateful it is in ours! It plays just perfect and the girls loving singing, "I am a Child of God" and pounding the notes on it. On Sunday I played Church music and Doug said, "Will you promise to play every Sunday? I love hearing you sing."
I love having music in our home.....and it's just beautiful isn't it?

11 comments:

Celissa said...

Congratulations on winning the lottery!!! That is so exciting!! It just makes me happy to have a piano at my house and I'm sure it will be wonderful at your house too. What a great lottery to win!

Sarah S. said...

It is amazing what a piano can do to add to the spirit in the home. I'm so happy you got one. Yippee! The picture of the keys is beautiful and artistic, good job. Question-did you get your hair colored all over with highlights on top or just colored all over? I'm wanting something different and was thinking about your cute hair that you had done recently.

Marisa and Rob said...

That is a beautiful piano!! I love thoes kind's of piano's!!! Were excited about Saturday! Let me know how much we owe you :)

Heather said...

What a great lotto win! I love the shot going down the keys, classic and just perfect. I wish I could play. We have a piano and neither of us play it, it is a sad little piano. Someday though, someday.

Lacey said...

Beautiful Piano, love it! I only wish I knew how to play. I do want one in my home so my kids can learn and play for us.

Angie said...

What a great lottery win!

Rubalcavas said...

How special for you...I'm sure you'll put it to great use.

Jessica said...

Beautiful piano! I am so glad that your name was drawn as the winner! I can play a bit, but singing is another story. I'm sure my family would be requesting that I didn't sing every Sunday! :) hee-hee I'll have to come over and see it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piano! I'm so glad that you have one now. You don't even know what you've been missing. And I'm so appreciative of the chair. Thank you so much. :)

quadmom said...

Congrats on your beautiful new piano Leah!! Thanks for coming to the fiesta and for helping me out so much! It was so fun to have you and your girls there!

Jen said...

That is so cool that you got the piano! We have an old piano but I am not that great at singing and my playing is even worse. I am glad you are putting yours to better use them mine. Congrats on the winning it!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family