Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Girls Camp 2008.......{Sweet is the Work}

I got back from Camp this last Saturday renewed and rejuvenated....although a little sleepy. Sadly all of the pics I have are from the gym...but we were at Camp Shadow Pines by Heber. It was a beautiful and perfect week.

Here is the Parkwood Ward....the ward I am from. I served as the Stake Assistant Camp Director so I didn't get to work with the girls as much but got to plan/run the camp. It was a great experiance.


These are my sweet Activities gals. They put many hours in planning and preparing for the Wed. night Candyland game night and the Friday night Spritual night. Both nights we just awesome and Friday's program was filled with the spirit. We missed you Danielle! Jackie is in the middle she is dressed up as Queen Frostine anyone recognize the dress? And Shaylene painted the amazing backdrop that we used! Thanks girls!


Here are all of the Stake staffers...these woman are just awesome and we had the best time hootin and hollarin every night.


Thursday was hike day and skit night. All of the wards did a great job and the stake staff did the "Morman Rap" (Anyone remember that song?) I was the Tootsie roll call woman that night and just let my inner rapper out....I hope they let me come back next year! Don't you love the get-up....and my necklace says "BLING-BLING" Sweet!


In the middle is our Stake Camp Director Jena Bailey....truly inspired and made for this calling. She works so well with people and has the spirit with her.
Annalee is on the left and she is over YCL's she did an amazing job as well.


Friday was rotations and Spiritual Night and bishop's night. The night went great and the spirit was felt. That has been the greatest thing about this calling. I have never been in a calling where the spirit guided me so much. From calling who was supposed to be there to planning each activity for the girls, the spirit was there. Many prayers were said and all were answered. It has really strengthened my testimony that this is the Lord's work. He wants these girls to exeperiance this and be able to be away from the world. I am on a high even though my garage is still full and I am still tired. This week was a much for me as it was for the girls. There was just enough of everything at this camp. No fighting, not too much sickness, enough free time, ward time, enough fun and spiritual....it was a perfect week. I just love girls camp!!

Oh and thanks to my Mom, Amanda, and Allie for watching my girls. I couldn't have done it without you!! BTW Dougie had a great time with the girlies...he took them Fishing with their new barbie polls, he took them to Bass Pro Shop and to a Diamondbacks game and stayed for the fireworks....they can't stop talking about it. He is such a sweet daddy!

10 comments:

Mary Ann said...

girls camp is the best!! you would be the funnest leader! cute pictures!

Heather said...

You rocked camp like no other! It was a fantastic year and I hope they bring you back again next year too. Peace out Peep!

Jessica said...

I am glad that everything turned out so great!! Fun pictures and yes, I remember the Mormon Rap. How funny!! Let's get together soon. Maybe Friday? Let me know.

Mistie said...

It looks like you all had a fabulous time! I'm glad everything went well for you ladies. Of course, I am completely jealous...I wished I was there. You guys did an amazing job! Thanks for making it a fun year for my daughter!
Mistie Rash

Smith Family said...

I had so much fun with you at camp, Leah! I just wish I had felt better! You did such an amazing job and were so perfect with all your energy and enthusiasm! You seriously amaze me with how much you did before camp and while we were there! Can you send me the stake staff picture through email? I didn't have my camera with me that night!

Kerrie said...

LOve the pics Leah! Sounds like it was a great turnout. I bet it was fun to be crazy with the youth. I love spiritual experiences like that! They're so exciting, emotional, happy and hard at the same time. Love your bling and all. Totally recognized your dress! Awesome! I'll have to hear more about all you did.

Lacey said...

Hey Leah, it looks like a GREAT time and I wish I was with you. I am in town and want to see you and Sarah so give me an email with your phone number so I can get in touch with you guys. Thanks! skiptonqwest@msn.com

lisa said...

I am so glad you had such a good time at camp. I knew you would. You are made for camp! You are the life of camp!
And the piano looks beautiful btw! Love ya!

quadmom said...

Great pictures Leah! I'm so glad that camp went great! You are perfect for camp! I'm sure the girls loved you!

Jen said...

How fun. I love girls camp. I got to go up for half a day and I loved every minute of it. I am glad you had a great time.

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family