Monday, June 23, 2008

Overnight Getaway

It was so great to go and have a few moments alone with my sweetie. We had a great time just being together and loved every minute of it! We first took the kiddos to my Brother and Sister-in-law's house where they played with cousins and their super dog Lucy. Thanks Christi!

We then went to the Melting Pot....the atmosphere was AWESOME! The food.....just ok. Honestly I would have enjoyed Claim Jumper or Carabba's more....we were hungry later that night too so we went and got a snack down the road...bummer. The desert was yummy though!


We then went to the Historic Arizona Biltmore. Built in the 1920's I felt like we had stepped back in time. The architecture was really neat and our room was nice. I felt like we were in the movie "The Rocketeer."



Here is some cool landscaping out front. It's says Az Biltmore.


We swam, slept in till 9:00 (gasp) and went to Breakfast at Crackers.....the YUMMIEST Breakfast place in the valley for sure!

I love that we took the time to do this.....thanks honey for a fun little getaway. I just wish our anniversary wasn't in the busy season so we could do more......oh well!

10 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Where is that place that you stayed at? Looks so neat! That's good to know that the melting pot was okay....Is the cheesecake factory good?

THE TAASE'S said...

That sounds so fun! Fas and I dream of doing that..someday. I love your pictures of the Arizona Biltmore. I've never been, so had no clue what it looked like. Thanks for sharing!

Doug and Lisa said...

What a great little get away. It's always fun to treat ourselves once in a while. Glad you had fun.

Angie said...

We went to M.P. for our anniversary too. I liked it, Justin thought the dessert was the bomb, and we both thought it was terribly overpriced!

Glad you got to sleep in. That doesn't happen very often!

Monica said...

totally random... on your photography blog your Aril 21, 2008 family was a friend of mine from BYU. I had lost contact with her and have not seen them since their reception...how do you know Shawna? Shawna and I used to say that would someday replace Martha Stewart and have our own show called "Shawn and Mon"....too funny.... Catch up with me via email! Miss you!

lisa said...

Yeah! That's the best! I am so glad you did that. We need it as couples! Hey will you email me or call me with both your phone numbers. I want to put them in my cell phone. I can't call you till you do!

Mary Ann said...

happy anniversary!! i love little get aways!! they are so fun and needed!!

lofgreenlegacy said...

happy anniversary! aren't they the best? I look forward to mine every year. We are going on 8 years!

Jennie said...

Congrats! Glad you two got a break! Those shrubs are cool!

quadmom said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family