I am the New Primary Chorister in my Ward!!:) Sorry guys, just wanted to psyche you out for a minute. I am so super excited about teaching our kids in our ward music. But I will despratly be missing my sweet Mia Maids. I have just started to feel like I was making some progress and getting things done. But that's how Heavenly Father works. I have such a strong testimony of the power of music and the spirit it can bring. So if anyone has any ideas of websites, let me know!
Also our bishop has challenged us to have a NO MEDIA WEEK. So this week I will be off the computer, and not watching any tv except for church related stuff. Also no music, books, newspaper, radio or anything else we see fit. We did this last year as a family and I realized how much time I spent doing all of these things. I am excited to see how the spirit can talk to me while I'm quiet. I will miss all of the blogs though....Take care everyone and call me if you need!



7 comments:
That's an interesting idea with NO media. You'll have to blog about what you discover during your time "unplugged".
I'm the primary chorister too! There are some good Yahoo groups that you can join for free that I love to check out. They have great ideas, and even links to sites where other leaders have done all the clip art for learning the songs, and program songs...so you don't have to work as hard creating visual aids, just print them out! Here they are:
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/primarypage
and
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/primusic
That last link is geared more toward choristers. Click on the "link" section once you've registered and go to "jollyJen". She has all the program songs done, even for next year! Good luck!
Wow could you guys look any better? That picture up there is AWESOME!
Leah, first off I have to say I totally thought you were announcing you were pregnant! I was like, she must have an easier time of it than me cause my babies are almost three and I'm still not ready :o) Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I subbed in Primary two weeks ago and the chorister did the FUNNEST thing I have ever seen! The kids just ate it up....anyway, she had a bowl full of bugs (plastic of course) and each bug had the page number of a song on it. She also had one of those guns with the suction cups on the end...do you know what I'm talking about? Anyway, she pulled the blackboard over and drew a big honeycomb shape on it, and separated it into sections. On the sections she drew in numbers from 1 to 5. The kids got to shoot the gun at the blackboard and whatever number the suction cup hit, that's how many notes of the song they got to hear, and then they had to guess the song, and then they sang it. It was the cutest thing ever and SO creative I thought. It was the cutest thing ever to see the kids SO excited about singing and getting a turn too! Just a fun idea, but it might help you out :o) Good luck!
Leah! I'm so happy you are going to be the chorister! I'm sure the kids will just love you! I am the chorister too and love websites that can help me out. I most often go to primarytogo.com-which has signs for each song already made so you don't have to focus on learning a new song AND creating signs each month. also theideadoor.com is an amazing website that has ideas for all callings. She's just started putting more on it about primary music ideas. Look around and i'm sure you'll find lots! People even post handouts that they make for VT visits each months. It's an awesome site for ANY calling. All of my sisters including in-laws have had this calling so i have lots of ideas if you ever want to come and see them. My biggest problem is SR primary. They are harder to entertain in my ward. I would appreciate any "thinking" game ideas for them.
You will do so great! you are perfect for the job!!:)
I found your website!! Do you even remeber me?? my blog is locolambsons.blogspot.com.. I lived in Thatcher for just one semester in 9th grade. Are we really that old??? We had choir together. Anyways, your girls are stinkin' cute and twins WOW. Congrats your family is adorable.
Tricia
Leah-just found another awesome website for ideas! This is my favorite yet!
http://www.sugardoodle.net/Primary_Chorister/index.shtml
Enjoy!
Post a Comment