Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A fun yet LOOONNNG weekend

This weekend we went to Thatcher to go attend Chris's farewell. The talks and songs were great....but we had a lot of bumps along the way.
Are you ready for a novel....here ya go.

Friday morning the girls woke up and A had a super bad diaper and O had thrown up in the middle of the night without me knowing. I thought it might have been something that they ate...so after naps we loaded up the van and went to pick up Amanda. (Doug had already left to put a new A/C unit in for my mom.) On the drive over to Amanda's A puked 2 more times. I felt so bad for her and drove to Manda's as fast as I could. Still thinking it was something she ate. We cleaned up and decided to just head to Thatcher b/c who wants to take care of sick kids at home without help? Bad idea. She threw up again in Globe, but we made it Thatcher safely. The next day everyone was acting fine so we played outside in grandma's backyard in the morning and swam and ate popsicles in the afternoon. At about 5 pm that evening Hyrum starting throwing up. And at 7 Abigail starting throwing up. And at 10 Audree woke up and started throwing up!! It was a nightmare. Janiel, Amanda, and I were running around with bowls and towels trying to catch it all. It was just awful. Finally Audree went back to sleep and Hyrum and Abigail went to bed at 2am and woke up at 6am!

Church was the next day and all of the Udall kids, J, Ma,Chris and Me were singing in sacrament meeting. So we left the kids home with my sweet Doug b/c it would have really been a disaster if they would have thrown up at church. Every one was fine and we really enjoyed Chris's great talk about the 4th article of faith. He will be such a great missionary.





Longing for Africa!


At the luncheon we sang a song "Africa" by the group Toto. (You know it....I hear the rains down in Africa)
Anyways, we made up different words to the song to fit Chris. And then did Choreography that he had used with his Choraleers group. Some of the lyrics are
.....Be the tallest white guy down in Africa...
.....May find a black girl down in Africa....
....Stain alot of white shirts down in Africa....
....Don't drink the water you'll get runny poos....
.....Sing with the natives down in Africa.....
....When he comes home he will be a better man....
Anyways....Super funny!


This is the runny poo dance move

Doing Choraleers Choreogrpahy
Our family....My mom just painted her kitchen(Don't you love it Lis) and made new twall curtains. So cute!
So we thought everyone was better and we went home. At 11pm on Sunday night Audree woke up puking again....Ugh! Poor baby. Monday comes and everyone is acting ok so I gave them a cup of milk. Bad idea. We then went to Walmart and she threw up everywhere at Walmart. We left the cart with Customer service, and with a child on each hip trecked it out to the car. Most of the throw up was on me, so I took of my shirt, and garment top and drove home in my sports bra. The funny thing was when I got there someone from my ward was at my door droping of an annocement. Me neighbor across the street rear ended her and I was there in all my stretch mark glory in a bra!! I left both kids in the car and ran in to get a shirt. By the time I got outside she was driving off. So I guess all was ok with her car.
Wow! If you made it through that, Thanks for being a tropper! No one has thrown up yet today....I'm crossing my fingers. And we are staying indoors all day.:)

8 comments:

Jill said...

Cohen puked twice last night.

But family times are worth it, huh? :)

Leah said...

Dang it Jill!!! I am so sorry! I didn't want to get anyone else sick....I should have waited until Sat. night and came! So Sorry!

Jennie said...

Whoa....nothing fun about puke! Sorry to hear about the whole cousin puking saga! Glad to know you had some help.

I don't blame you for taking off your shirt...that stuff smells and make you want to do the same. I bet you can add this to one of your most embarassing moments with your neighbor at the door! Sheesh!

Jennie said...

Whoa....nothing fun about puke! Sorry to hear about the whole cousin puking saga! Glad to know you had some help.

I don't blame you for taking off your shirt...that stuff smells and make you want to do the same. I bet you can add this to one of your most embarassing moments with your neighbor at the door! Sheesh!

Janiel said...

HaHa! you never told me that you drove home in your BRA! Funny Leah! I can just imagine...

Kerrie said...

That is an awesome story! Terrible but great! I'm so sorry that you had such a long weekend. That would be no fun having a child puke at the store too! That's something you always hope will never happen. But the whole getting caught in your bra part made me laugh really hard. Thanks for sharing! :) Josh has had it too and threw up all over his crib. So we took it apart to clean it and he is now sleeping in a big bed-kinda worked out well in the end.

lisa said...

I wish I could've been there for it all. Especially the funny song. You girls are all so fun and creative! And I am excited to check out that book. Love and logic. I love learning all I can. And your mom's kitchen is so cute! And I can't believe your mom still has that same material. How fun is that?!?!

Mary Ann said...

looks like a fun time! I love to be with family!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family