
My sweet sister in law Christi and I were talking about discipline. She is an amzing mother of 5 and her kids are very well behaved. She told me about a book called Love and Logic. I went to my library and checked it out. It is really neat. Even though my girls are small I feel like they get the stuff I am implementing from the book.
Then my old roomie Jennie was here and she had these..http://http://www.coldseat.com/index2.html I thought they were really neat, but no way could I spend $100. So my mom and I made our own. They are washable or huge, but the do the job. All for only $12! They keep the buckles cool so their chubby little legs don't get burned! Thanks mom! And Lis....do your recoginize the material...they are from some overalls we used to wear!



5 comments:
I agree those are great books. Melanie told me about them and i checked them out as well. Skimmed through it mostly but liked what i read.
So what is a cold seat? Where and how do they sit on it? I'm proud of you for saving money and making your own. You're amazing!
They don't sit on it. You leave in in the car seat while you go in the store. When you come back out you take it out and the buckles are cool so they don't get burned!
Aah. That's cool. It sure gets hot lately. That would be nice. What's inside them?
You should make them and sell them for extra income... and cuz I want them but cant sew! :)
Way to go! Yes, the cold seats are expensive, but since at the time I had a newborn and a 2yr old and no time and the need....I bought them anyway! I always wondered where to find the ice packs...glad to know that you CAN make them.
For your next ones, maybe you'll want to add a handle on each end so you can fold it in half and hold it or carry it on your shoulder like a purse....because honestly, don't we already have to hold too many things just to have an outing?!!! I just throw mine into a fabric bag that goes over my shoulder when I tote them to the car. But handles would be great because then I wouldn't have to search for the bag! :)
Also, the one I have has velcro seams to remove the ice packs so the material can be put in the washing machine whenever it needs it!
Sorry for the long post. Love you!
Post a Comment