Sunday, April 27, 2008

Country Thunder.....Then and Now

Dougie got some free Country Thunder tickets last weekend. We trecked it out to Florence to see Billy Ray Cyrus, Kelli Pickler and Dirks Bently.
I wouldn't normal care to go to concert of these guys but for free...why not! The music was ok but the atmosphere was horrible! Smoking, driking, dirty dancing, swearing, puking.....I felt like it was Hell on earth. I'm so glad this is not the lifestyle we choose to lead.

Here is a fun part to the story....almost 9 years ago to the day, Doug took me to Country Thunder for our 18th birthday. We saw Faith, and met Toby Keith and John Micheal Montgomery. We have such fond memories of that time together...it was fun to kind of re-live it.

It was a great way to spend a date night....love you honey!








This picture is just horrible of both of us...this was taken on the night we got home from the concert...it was late and we were tired...hence the horrible faces! Just wish we would have appriciated those H.S. bodies!

11 comments:

Celissa said...

Yippee for high school!! How fun to get to remember days gone by and get to spend time with the guy you love!

THE TAASE'S said...

Charis Lunt said that they saw you guys there. How fun! We love Country music, but Fasi wouldn't touch Country Thunder with a 20 foot pole...LOL! He says that's taking it too far.

Carl and Starla said...

Ok so I LOVE the HS pic of you two! So fun to look back at "the good old days". Also, I am totally with you when you said, "wish we appreciated the HS bodies!"

Jen said...

I remember when you went in HS. How fun to go again even if only for oldtimes sake. I am glad you had a fun night away!

Madame Mauri said...

So fun! you were a cute couple then and an even cuter couple now!! We love you guys!!

Angie said...

Cute HS picture! Justin was laughing at how young Doug looks, but we both think you look pretty much the same--just shorter hair.

quadmom said...

Leah,
I just love those pictures of your guys then and now! What a great couple. Thanks for helping me decide on my pictures. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Lacey said...

Leah-what is up girl. Remember me? I still cherish those pic's you took of my kids a few years back. They are my favorite ones I have ever had. I can't believe how old and beautiful your babies are. I remember when I moved out of the ward they were just babies. I will never forget girls camp when we first became friends, you rock!!! BTW-I found your blog through Sarah Stevens. -Lacey

Amanda said...

you look just like high school.

Kerrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GUYS! HOPE YOU'RE HAVING FUN!

JLynn said...

happy birthday leah! happy birthday doug! happy birthday yesterday! :) happy birthday today! (since i remembered it today :)) hope you both had amazing birthdays! by the way, did i wish you both a HAPPY BIRTHDAY????? :)

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family