Last week my sweetheart came home with a bouquet of these...very sweet right? Every few months when I am whining or having a rough day he will bring me home some flowers. I didn't think anything of it. Then he told me he had to go and help his co-worker with something....ok....it's 4:45 and your are leaving during the witching hour?
He returns with our lovely camper trailer....(remember the post a few posts down?) The girls were so excited because they thought they were going camping.... I asked, "What is this?" "What's going on?" He replied, "We are going on an overnight camping date..." Uhhh....I reminded him...."I am taking a year off camping..." Which he said, "Too bad, it's all planned out, my sister Allison will be here soon and we are going on a date." ( Thanks again Allie....you are the best!)
We headed off to here were we had an interesting dinner. The ketchup was fermented and there was no A/C in the building...at least it was authentic right?
We enjoyed the beautiful views of the Superstitions...and walked around a bit...
We then drove off to this lake. It's only 30 minutes from our house and it was beautiful. We set up camp and by 8pm and took a stroll around the lake. I asked him, "Did you bring any games? Did you bring any movies?" No he said and so we talked and went and sat by the lake. After some diet coke and Milky Ways, he told me he had a surprise...
I pulled out this giant box and started to cry....he has listened to me hem and haw about photography for a few years now. He has supported me in going to workshops, on photoshoots, on photography outings...he has bought me lenses, chairs, backdrop stands, built floors, and let me grow as a photographer. My sweet husband not only planned an overnight date but gave me the camera of my dreams. It's not just the camera its the way he treats me. He is the most amazing partner, friend and husband. He builds me up and supports me unlike any other person has...
I thought I wasn't going to sleep well in the camper but I did!! I slept until 9:00am...woo hoo! For breakfast we went down the road 2 miles to this hidden treasure. We were watching "Az Highways" the other day and saw this place...I told him it would be fun to go to sometime...and he listened.
We walked the boardwalk and then ate a yummy breakfast at the restaurant. The whole place is covered with dollar bills...and they have old saddles at the bar....yee haw
We got back home around 11 refreshed and reconnected. I love spending time with my sweetheart and love the way he makes me feel. Thanks Lovie for making me feel so special...I love you!
A poem honoring my grief
3 years ago








13 comments:
awww! how sweet! your doug is the best leah! i am so happy you got a little time away together and you got the camera of your dreams! i would love to be your guinea pig ;)
You have a wonderful man!
My gosh he's so sweet!! I am drooling over your new camera!! Woohoo!
He really is the best, isn't he?!!
I love your rowdy cowboy picture in the restaurant!
I miss Canyon lake, so pretty!
We (men/husbands) would greatly appreciate it if you could keep these types of 'abnormal husband-ing' quiet... so as to prevent our wives from expecting such heroics in their households.
Thanks.
Ha ha. No... but that is an awesome adventure. Doug is one rad dude.
Okay, some blogs I hate to read when they talk about their perfect husband, their perfect life, their perfect, perfect, perfect...
But I love reading your blog and every time you have something great happen to you I think you deserve it 100% and more. Maybe it's your good attitude and that you are never selfish or prideful, but I love reading your perfect posts. Glad you get them.
How fun! You 2 have a really cute relationship. :) Good one Doug! Keep it up! If momma's happy EVERYONE is happy!
WOW! You owe that man BIG TIME! That's so thoughtful and super awesome! I think I'm going to forward this post to my husband... ;)
this is so sweet!!! Andrew and I actually had our first date at that lake and at that resturant with dollar bills, haha. did you get a chance to try the prickly pair ice cream???!!! it's to die for!!!
glad you had a fun date with your sweet hubby!!
What a fun surprise! You and Doug are such a great couple! You have such a great husband because you are such a great wife! It's funny because of all the many things we never saw in AZ, we actually did go to that lake and ate at Tortilla Flat! Yay! I still need to click on your link to see where the fermented ketchup was. ;)
That is soo sweet how he surprises you with trips like that!
Bet you guys had fun by yourselves.
And the camera, woohoo for you!!
Happy new camera!! I have always liked that Doug of yours...
What an fabulous "Date"!
And I agree with all the other comments, you totally deserve it.
It's great to see how wonderful Doug is to you...but I imagine you are just as wonderful to him. You guys are so awesome!
Post a Comment