This years campout had many highlights....here are a few....
FOG! RAIN! We felt like we were in a wet fairytale for a few days...
Ladybugs....the teenage boys brought us some ladybugs...creepy crawly
Diggin in the dirt
Playin in the camper and making mischief...busy busy boys!
4-wheeler riding....I think this is all the kids favorites. Many of Doug's brothers have ATV's and we all have a great time on them. Doug and I even got away for a moment on our own little ride up the mountain....it was awesome to have a moment alone.
Little kid movie watching....we need to entertain them while we play a game....
Playing at the cabin....after 24 hours of rain we headed to Doug's brothers family cabin and played games while the babies napped and the rain fell...
Enjoying the weather.....
This deserves a whole post in itself.....
On the first night Doug and I were talking about him going on a ride with his brothers. He was hesitant to go because of how much work the kids are. As we were talking our sweet Audree fell into the fire. One of the legs of her chair was on a rock and she was rocking back and forth near the fire and slipped and fell in. All the right people where there...Nurse Grammie Eliza, Firefighter Uncle Tommy, and EMT Uncle Ryan.
Eliza yelled "Get HER Out!!" Uncle Ryan grabbed her out of the fire and Tommy quickly pulled her flaming sweater off of her. There was a jug of water nearby and they drenched her whole body with it. I could hardly control my emotions...this could have been anyone of my children...and could have been so much worse. We got her to the trailer and gave her some medicine and iced her hand for a while. She has many 2 degree burns all over her right hand. She was telling us that she know she was supposed to keep her head out of the fire and that her "Hero Uncle Ryan" saved her and pulled her out. I have said many many prayers since the accident and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father kept my oldest girl safe that day.
This is my horrible bandage job....we spent the night in the cabin with Christi's family and her hand started to burn again so I soaked it in the water. I didn't have enough bandages so I used leftover bandages with a few that they had at the cabin....she has been such a trooper. Eating and writing with her left hand....
Here is a meadow by where we were camping.....beautiful! I am so sad the weather didn't let up for us to take a group family picture...
On the way home I told Doug that I am taking a YEAR OFF from camping...we have had enough adventures for one year....until the next Davis family campout!





5 comments:
Leah! Oh my goodness! I am so sorry and so grateful that she is okay. My heart lept into my throat when I read that she feel in the fire.
Before I read that I was going to comment how I love the boys' boots, now it seems trite. Love you!
Thank goodness for angels in heaven and on earth.
Oh, Leah! You have had lots of 'excitement' in your lives! I am so glad Audree is ok and that the right people were there! That is scary. I hope she heals and is feeling better soon! Sending hugs your way, friend! :)
E got 2nd degree burns from touching a griddle earlier this summer. It was so sad. We got some prescription silver cream stuff that helped keep her open blisters clean and she healed just fine with all motility in tact.
Oh my goodness! I'd be so done with camping too! Poor little Audree! I'm seriously all teary and am so glad she's ok!
Post a Comment