Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fun with Felt



I was feeling a little crafty last month and wanted to change up the girls room. They have a cute new bespread and I wanted to make something for their wall...I went down to the awesome Hobby Lobby...which is right by my house and bought some felt. I watched a chic flick one night and made these little cuties...


A closer version

Then I had so much felt left over and wanted to make a fun fishing game for the kiddos....
Can you see a crab, a sea anemone, coral, a shark, jellyfish, a starfish, and a clown fish...with a few others thrown in...

My inspiration was from this site...
Here

However I did not have the time or patience to hand stitch all of these little diddies, so hot glue it was....
Doug made some poles with washers on the end of them...and wah-lah! Fun times for the summer....and mom got to feel crafty!

11 comments:

Jennie said...

What a fun idea for the fishing game!! Love the birdies too. Isn't it fun to have a few moments to craft again?!! I've found that my crafty moments are few and far between with the addition of our 3rd child. :)

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

So cute Leah! I love felt and you did such a great job. Reminds me that I need to get my rear in gear and start working on my kids' quiet books again. Oh, and whip out a pennant banner for our shoot!

Hanah Bonilla said...

you're amazing leah! i love doing stuff with felt, thanks for the site :-)

Twins Squared said...

Those are so cute!! I'm going to remember this idea - we're about to redo the little girls' room and put them in big girl beds so now I have a great idea if I need more for the walls!

Sarah S. said...

They all turned out so cute Leah. You are the woman!

Alicia W said...

Way to go, girl! Nothing like creativity.

Dani said...

Those are darling! Love the fishing game idea too

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

So Cute!!
love Liz

Marisa and Rob said...

FUN!!!! Everything turned out so cute!!!! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing :o)

Jessica said...

What the? You are way too creative! How fun!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family