Wednesday, September 09, 2009

NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!

I can't even believe it, but yesterday my sweet hubby and I were in the great city of New York! Last week he surprised me by telling me that he was taking me on a little get-a-way. He had booked everything, planned sitters for our kids, and did a great job of getting me to think that we were going to Sedona for a few days.
Two nights before we left we were talking about what I needed to bring. He said I would need a carry on bag....I thought, "Awesome! We get to go to Cali and go to the beach!" He then showed me the Phantom tickets that he had purchased....YIPPE! A quick trip to California....oh no he said...."We are going to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway....in NEW YORK!!!" WHAT????

It was a quick trip to say the least, but we did some amazing things while we were there. Some of the highlights were....Sleeping in until 11, Times square, double decker bus tour, cruise ship to see the Statue of Liberty, toured a battleship, saw the awesome Phantom, rode in a cab, rode on the subway, ate at some very fun places, sat for a bit at Central Park, and walked around the city. WHEW! Came home reconnected to each other and had the realization that we can raise all our sweet offsring! Oh and a little jetlagged of course

You know me....I took 600+ pictures but here are my favs....click on the image to see more detail...And beware...lots of pics of us holding the camera and snapping away at our faces...sorry!

Self Timer in Central park....it was overcast so the editing is kinda wonky...how fun would it be to do photoshoots there?










Here is our Swanky Hotel, "The Ganzevort"...in the Meat packing district. It had a pool/club on the rook...people were waiting in a huge line out the door to get in...


Our tour out to the Statue of Liberty...very cool to see the skyline.


The battleship Intrpid...I always wanted to tour a battleship!


Times Sqaure at night...holy people! You could hardly walk...insane for sure!


Central Park...we only got a taste of the beauty of it...


Phantom...in the Majestic Theatere. It was a small theatere with amazing detail, scones, gold leafing, amazing detail. We were on the 6th row....I got chills many times and almost cried twice!!! HA!


Some of the other highlights of the city....


Thanks so much to my sweet Allison, Eliza, Regiane and Christi....I felt like a woman instead of a mother for a few days....

It was definatly an amazing experiance!!! Sweet Doug, thanks for making me feel so special!

28 comments:

sarah goodman said...

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY WOMAN! WOAH.... that is so awesome that he did that for you! what a great guy!

Rubalcavas said...

So cool! Now you need to talk him into taking you at Christmas time too! Its awesome! New York rocks!

raegan said...

HOW FUN!!! I bet it was nice to realize that there is a whole other side to both of you when you are not having to take care of kids' need 24/7! I am glad you were able to enjoy such a fun time! You deserve it!

Heather said...

Um, Doug pretty much rocks! I am so glad you had this secret little getaway, if anyone deserves to feel like a woman and not a rockin' MoM it is you friend. Darling pictures and I am so, so glad you got to have this experience. Lots to talk about!

Anonymous said...

I am SSOOOO jealous! That's awesome. What a fun surprise and treat! So exciting, looked like lots of fun!

Jessica said...

What an amazing trip! You have a great husband who knows just what you need! How great that you didn't have to worry about any of the details. I'm glad you could get away together and have tons of fun! Great pictures!

Loree said...

WOW!!! I want to see all 600 pics! so glad you had an AMAZING time! NYC looks AWESOME! happy times for you :)

Christina MC said...

What an awesome husband and getaway! I am sure you deserved. So glad you had a great time.

Twincerely,Olga said...

Hi! What a wonderful hubby!! The pictures are great!!!
Love your blog.I'm new so please stop by mine!

Smith Family said...

What fun! I've always wanted to go to New York! What a great time for you two! I'll call you to come over soon!

Mrs.EBG said...

How cool is that?! What an amazing hubby you have! You totally deserved a whirlwind trip like this though! Now please have Doug call Bry on his cell phone to give him some tips... I'll pretend to be super surprised! ;)

Desiree said...

Oh how amazing...you made me remember my trip there. I so want to go back!! Aren't broadway plays so much better than others!? Glad you got away!

Alicia W said...

YAY for vacations! I'm so glad you guys had a blast. :)

Tawni said...

That is the sweetest thing! You guys got some amazing pictures!

The McNeil Family said...

Wow what a surprise. NYC city looks amazing. WHat special treat for you.

Wolfingtons said...

How fun! Glad you guys had a good time

Angie said...

What a wonderful trip. Your Doug is a great guy for sure! I can only imagine how refreshing it must feel to get away from it all for a couple days. Good for you!!!

Mary-Sunshine said...

how fun! totally jealous! good for you! all moms need to recharge ecspecially mothers who have TWO sets of twins!!!

Kerrie said...

How fun Leah! That bridge looks like the one on Enchanted when Edward gets run over by the bikers! Looks like you had a blast. So happy for your break from motherhood. What a good hubby!

lisa said...

I am so glad you got to do that! What a dream.... a much needed dream! SOOOOOO fun! Wish we could've been there.

Dena said...

Oh my that is amazing! How fun to just be a wife for a while again! Also you look so good! Your hair is darling and you look so skinny!

Tami Proffitt said...

okay...doug and my hubs need to chat! leah...you so deserve it and you two are the cutest couple!
glad you have a fun time...your pictures are perfect.

Meagan said...

Oh my gosh, Leah! I'm so happy you guys got to do that. Insanely jealous, but so happy! Your self timed pictures in Central Park look FABULOUS! Also, anytime you want to do a photoshoot there, just let me know. We'd be happy to volunteer! ;) Glad you guys made it back safe!!!

Madame Mauri said...

I tried posting a comment 4 times grrr.
Okay what a FUN vacation!! I am so jealous! Your pictures are fabulous and they made me homesick for NYC! I'm glad you two had some time together! Doug, next last minute surprise trip: Utah to visit your favorite friends! We miss you guys!

Thomas said...

Jordan and I did a quick trip to NYC this summer as well. I loved being there and I loved coming home as well!

Cherene said...

So awesome! Glad you guys got to have such a fun trip (what a suprise!!)

KarieK said...

So awesome!! I am so jealous sister! What fun!! I mean TONS of fun!! Gorgeous pics!! Email me...I am so not the pro-blogger. Just getting the hang of things! I might have to hire you for my family photo shoot love!

So good to see you again! You need to come to more meetings when you can. You are just a light of energy!

Karie

Boston Paynes said...

Amazing pictures!! Oh how I miss the city and all of the fun things therein. Your boys are getting so big ... and so handsome!! I'm sure your darling girls are some good helpers.

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family