This week he built some shelves in the girls closet. These go back really deep on the sides for lots of storage. Now we just have to buy some bins and the dresser can be used for the boys!

Next the boys bedding came in....
And I love it! And I love the price too....$50 each and they shipped it to my Walmart. I love the colors and patterns...fun!

Once the bedding came Doug decided to paint the boys room. I told him I thought diamonds and a stripe would be cool and this is what he came up with.

And it only took him a few hours....the lines are super nice too. Just a few touchups and put the crib in there and the boys room is done!

Lastly I ordered this 16x20 of the girls...my favorite picture. I had it mounted on styrene board so it is sturdy, but I needed a frame. So doug builds me one. Out of baseboard....could he get any better?

Just had to share my happiness!
Oh and it was too good to be true. The night after I posted about the girls sleeping so well, they figured out that they could get out. But instead of coming out of the room, they just stay in there and play. All the blankets, toys, dressups where in there beds and they were having a good ol time at 10pm the other night. And then again at 5 am. They mostly play when they are super tired because they have napped. So we just have a nap every other day and put up with the late nights. But they sleep in good in the morning so I can't complain too much.



13 comments:
What an awesome hubby you have, Leah! Your boys room looks sooo dang cute! I LOVE it! Let me know if you need anything, k?
The boys paint is so great! If he's done at your house, send him over here!
Hooray for wonderful honeys!! Your boys room looks so cute and I love the pictures of your girls. I bet you are getting even more excited to have them here as you get more done for them. I hope you are feeling good and resting for the excitement to come!!
You both must have a serious case of nesting. That is so great that he could finish all that up. That would take months at our house.
love the boys room! doug is one handy guy! you are so lucky. love the pic frame of the girlies too. so cute! i love getting home improvement projects done! yeah for you :)
Love the red frame. And my! That photographer is amazing! :)
What a good hubby! I'm so glad you have him, he's so good to you and you deserve every ounce.
Love the bedding and the painting on the boys' room. Can't wait to see it finished.
Wow, your hubby is pretty handy!
Awesome job with everything! I LOVE the painting job, way to go Doug!
Love it all! The bedding (I might have to copy you...), the paint, the shelves, the frame. I wish I had a "Doug" at my house.
You are really a lucky gal. My honey-do-lists for Lucas include mopping the kitchen. Not that I am complaining, it seems like the little tasks take me forever now. Love the girls pics. You are so talented. Can't wait until this little one is older and you can take new family pics for us.
I love the boys room!!! SO adorable.. I wish I had a handy man around my house, mine is always so tired by the time he gets home from work.. So it takes longer to get stuff done. Love the bedding and wow awesome price.
I love the room!!! Doug did a great job!!! I love having a handy man around the house :)
doug is just all around great. picture frames out of baseboards and painting and shelving. Wow that's awesome. I love the paint for the boys room and your girls picture is adorable. How are you feeling??? It's getting real close?!! so did you guys get two more cribs?
Love the frame! So cool! And the bedding and room deco looks awesome. Congrats and good luck. Those boys have an awesome family to come to!
Post a Comment