Friday, February 06, 2009

Good Behavior...and other news

Ever since the girls turned 3 their behavior has been hard to say the least. The tantrums, the "No's" and the disobeying is really trying on my pregnancy nerves. I think 3 might be harder than 2....what do you think? They want to do everything themselves and want to have a say in everything that goes on. I felt like all I was doing was threatning and bribing all day long. So for FHE last week we had a lesson on Obedience and then made a chart. Anytime I feel like they are being kind, quick to obey or share they get a sticker. When they fill up a section they get a prize. This is them after their first prize...we have a prize basket that they can choose from.
I love that I am looking for the positive all day instead of yelling and screaming.







Preggo news...
I don't sleep well
I have a cold right now
32 weeks but measuring 45 cm....can we say big? I was 51cm when I delivered the girls
2 doctors visits a week, boys are now both head down
My hips ache most of the day
Cranky, bossy, and such a joy to be around....

(Sorry for the vent)
I am so excited to meet these little guys though. Top names right now are
Evan, Rhett, & Clark

What are you favs?

23 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Leah, I totally agree with you. Giovanni was an ANGEL when he was 2-- the morning he turned 3 it was like the horns started to show! Good luck and anytime you need a little break let me know and the girls can come play!

I like Evan and Rhett.

Jennie said...

Way to go, looking and rewarding the positive. That's a huge tip that my counselor gave me this last summer. Give tons of energy to the good and be as dull and neutral (not angry basically) when delivering their discipline for their wrong choices.

So sorry that you're so uncomfortable. When is the dr. saying for your due date now with the boys? You amaze me Leah, you really are doing a great job.

PS. Yes, please fill me in on all things photography (links, books, etc.) Thanks! Love you!

Jennie said...

Oh yeah, about the names. I like Evan and Clark. They sound the best together. Evan and Rhett blurr together too much, although I do love the name Rhett too. Good luck deciding! :)

JLynn said...

I love what you are doing with your girls. I love your behavioral tips. We always try to make a negative with Cache into a positive when speaking to him.

I love the name Clark. I have a good friend with a baby named Clark. I like Rhett too and of course Evan is very sweet. So hard to decide!

You sound like you are doing really well for being 32 weeks pregnant with TWIN boys! I admire all your strengths! I hope the Lord will continue to bless you and keep you strong! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I totally LOVED 2 once my kids turned 3. I think 3 was/is MUCH harder than 2...anyway, great idea on the chart, that really is the best way to get good behavior too.
I love Evan and Rhett...I can't believe how much time has passed!!! It'll be nice to start seeing you on a weekly basis!!!
BTW, we are in at Zaharis, thanks for the encouragement...and the reference.

Jamie Taylor said...

Way to focus on the positive. Not only is it the best way for the girls (since you're not giving them attention for the negative) but it is so much better for your own sanity as well. Thanks for the reminder, I've gotta get back to doing that. :)

Oh, and seriously, I love all three names. Although, I guess favorites are Evan and Clark.

Celissa said...

I have to agree that 3 is way harder than 2. They just know so much more and I think that causes trouble. Sorry about the no sleeping and pregnancy pains. I can't even imagine it with 2 of them in there. You really are a trooper!! I hate the end when you just want to meet them so bad. Keep up the good work with your girls too!

Sarah S. said...

Nobody wants to say that 3 is harder than 2 when you kiddos are still two. But now that your girls are 3 I can tell you. 3 is tons harder than 2. It just takes more parent involvement which you are so good at.

Evan and Rhett are adorable names but tough too. That's my vote, not that it really matters.

M. G. said...

Sorry to tell you this but 14 is harder than any other age and you will have it DOUBLE. So...enjoy 3!
I like Evan and Rhett. Clark sounds like an explosion when you say it with Audrey and Olivia and Evan or Rhett. Just my oppinion though, you name them whatever you want and don't let anyone tell you otherwise:)

Loree said...

love the obedience charts. we like the idea of talking about and rewarding good behavior. keep up the good work. sorry you feel so icky. you are almost done growing those boys! i can;t wait to meet them! i like evan and clark & rhett is good too. oh, i am not good at decisions. good luck girl...tell me when you decide :)

lisa said...

Praise really is the only way to go and the hardest to remember and achieve. A chart is a good idea! I can't even imagine what you are feeling and dealing with every day. You can vent all you want!!!

I love the names! I especially love Rhett! Clark is fun too. As in Kyle Warner? Just kidding!!! What about Warner?

Love ya!

mad white woman said...

Hey Leah... it's Jen's friend Anna. Remember me?

Well, just thought I'd say hi and my brother's wife is pregnant with her second set of twins too. You must be a saint just like her. :)

I like all my names. My favorite of the three is Clark. Not that that helps since you're having TWO of them.

Anonymous said...

I thought for sure you told me it was February you were due. I should've paid more attention to your count-down-o-meter. I can tell you from experience that age 3 is harder than 2, and that 4 kids are just that much more to love. It's hard weather you have 1 or 6 kids, the trials are the same. They come in doses and give you the same rewards. I'm sorry you feel so crappy, it's definately not fun in the last few months, where you're just thinking... get them/him out!!

btw... I love Rhett & Evan

Smith Family said...

Thanks for your call! I'll need all the help I can get! I have some very dear friends coming to your ward that you'll love getting to know. Of course, Janeen will be there. Some of my other good buddies are Karyn Woolf and Becca Norton. I will miss them so much!

camilla said...

I LOVE the name Rhett! And yes, 3 is MOST DEFINITELY harder than 2!

lofgreenlegacy said...

Hey Leah...you go girl...you are awesome. Congrats on the boys. And I love your chart idea. Mostly because I have an almost 3 year old too. We did something similar...we did a FHE on letting your light shine, and each of the kids got a little notebook and everytime they let their light shine we write it down and they just love it and look for nice things to do. The things we as parents do...whatever works right?

Anonymous said...

Ok what the heck! I can't believe you are already 32 weeks! Man where did the time go? Why is it that everyone else's pregnancies fly by but your own?
Out of the three I like Rhett and Clark.
Did you happen to get a baby shower this time around? You are amazing.
Seriously my brian hurts trying to comprehend what you are going to do again. I admire your strength and go get em' attitude. You are so great!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are asking for opinions on names! You are a brave girl! I like all three names! They are very classic and strong names and I don't think you can go wrong! Such big names for little tiny babies! But they are going to grow into men, so that makes sense! Eric and I haven't even had time to talk about names yet. Oh well, we have time! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that last comment was from Emily Baker. :)

Mary Ann said...

3 is DEEFINATELY harder than 2! We just had the same kind of lesson last night at our house.. I LOVE the boys room and bedding!! SO SO cute! I love the names Rhett and Clark!

Cara said...

I like Nemo. J/K Those are all good names. The sticker chart is a good idea. I've thought of doing that myself. I'll ask you in another few weeks if its working still.

Laura Millett said...

I LOVE the name Clark- I can't wait for the cuties to get here- see you at your shower this weekend !!

Anonymous said...

definitely Rhett & Clark... g

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family