

On Tuesday we lost our sweet Grandpa Udall after a battle with pneumonia. It was all very sudden, just a few weeks ago he contracted pneumonia, then he went into heart failure, his lung collapsed and his sweet wife called him home. You might remember Grandma Udall passed just 7 months ago. Grandpa hasn't been the same since. He has been depressed and lonely and just not himself. We are so grateful for the plan and for the knowledge that we have and that they are together forever.
Some of my favorite memoires of grandpa.
*He always made you feel special. He would grab your arm and say, "You're alright."
*He had a nickname for everyone....I was L.B. That stands for Leah Beah
*He would always make me sing "Rejoice rejoice" from the messiah. And giggle afterwards.
*He was such a righteous example. He has been a bishop, stake president, mission president and a temple president.
* He loved having fun things for us grandkids to do. Riding the train, or the cable car, both of which he made. He took us on an adventure to the jungle and chopped down the brush with a macheti.
*I loved hearing him give talks. He would do the cutest laugh/cry to try to hide his emotions.
* He loved grandma...
Ever since my grandma's death he would take anyone that came over and tell them that this was his most prized possesion. He would talk on and on about how well she looked in this picture. * I lived next door to him for some of my growing up life. I would go over and talk about the trials of my life. He always had such great sound advice. Always loving and never pushy.
* He married me and my sweetheart....was a special experiance it was to be sealed by your grandpa.
We will miss him dearly but are so glad he is not in pain anymore.
Services for Kenyon Udall will be this Saturday at 2 pm at the Thatcher Stake Center with a vewing at 1 as well as a viewing Friday night.
E.T.A.
My O.b. gave me the go ahead! YEAH! I am so looking foward to being there. If you didn't get the message my baby shower has been moved to the next Sat. the 28th at 10am.



12 comments:
I'm so sorry for your family. I can only imagine what an incredible patriarch he is in your family. You sure have a very special family. Hope the Lord and your sweet memories will continue to comfort your family. What a beautiful reunion that has just taken place with him and his sweetheart.
Leah, your grandpa sounds like a wonderful man! sorry for your loss. I'm happy he gets to be with your sweet grandma in heaven. my thoughts are with you and your family :)
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa! He was a great person! Both your grandparents were so nice and always so friendly, when I saw them at chruch! We send our love with you and your family!
My condolences to you and your family. It is never easy to lose someone but you have the right perspective and think how happy he is to get to kiss your Grandma once again.
I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa-our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I can only imagine the reunion he and your grandma had! If you need anything let us know~
We are so sorry about your families loss. He played a major role in our family, He sealed me and Tia and gave Tia her patriarchal blessing. He was and is an amazing man and we are so happy they are together again and for our knowledge of the gospel.
I am sorry to hear that - Some really great grandpas have been called home recently... I hope you are able to travel to Thatcher for the services!
You hubby is so dang sweet! Such a natural. I totally want to come to your shower email me the details!
So sorry Leah. Like you said, I'm glad that he is home with his sweetheart. He was so lost without her.
He was such a sweet man. I'm glad they are together again. It's so hard for the one who's left behind. I'm sure they are working hard together again.
I just saw this post...what a wonderful couple. And how great it was for him to be reunited with his sweetheart. The knowledge of eternal families really helps during times like these.
Leah I am sorry about your grandpa. I had my grandpa pass away this last January. I am glad that you have so much family and support.
Post a Comment