Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In just 7 days.....

Girls Camp will be here!! For months and months I have been helping to plan girls camp....I am so excited that it is almost here. It has definatly been an amazing spiritual experiance just planning and I can't wait to see everything unfold!!
Here are some pics from last year......me with my friends....and gross Sister Davis!




Our theme this year is Sweet is the work. And the stake staff call themselves the peeps....too fun!!



And here is a little story about yesterday....we were at the mall playing at the playplace....they both decided to run away at the same time. They think it is so fun and just giggle and run fast. One ran to the jewerly store and the other ran in the opposite direction into Sears. I was running so fast after A and picked her up and ran to get L.
It really scares me that they can get taken or lost....so you know me....I went and bought these....(The Elmo $5.00 version at Wallyworld)

If they choose to run away they get to be harnessed. I feel a little bad but with 2 what am I to do?

11 comments:

Angie said...

What's Wallyworld? I should probably get a couple of those.

Madame Mauri said...

Have fun at girls camp!!! You've worked so hard, it will be great!
As for the 'harness' my mom had to use one on me, but she refers to it as a leash. Hey I was a wild one. No permanent damage done. :) With two, do what you can!

The Moore Family said...

Oh Leah, you are going to have a great time! I wish I was going with you again, good times last year!

Amber H. said...

You really do have no other choice when it is just you and them! And they will probably learn really quickly that it is NOT fun to be on a leash, and will learn to stay beside you when you are out places. I can totally feel for you on this one though! It's the worst when they start to think it's funny to run as fast as they can in different directions. Hopefully they won't do like mine have started to do and run away and HIDE under clothes racks at the store! AHH!

Celissa said...

yippee for the elmo leashes! I had one for mine and she is just 1 kid, not 2. Better they be mad at you than be lost or worse (eek) Have fun at girl's camp!

Sarah S. said...

Good luck with everything. The girls are so lucky to have you there. You have to do the rain dance at camp, you look too cute doing it.

Jennie said...

Good for you! You are giving them the choice to be free and stay by your side OR choose to run away and get harnessed. Make sure you remind them BEFORE you enter the mall/wherever about the rules and consequences. Then, when they choose to misbehave, say,"uh oh, or so sad you chose to wear the leash!" (just like Love & Logic)They'll soon start choosing freedom and do less running. But stay consistent! You're a fantastic mommy!

Oh, and be careful, those leashes can get easily tangled around your legs! We had to do that with Brynlee for awhile!

Lacey said...

Fun Fun, I am jealous I am not going with you. We can't do our version of the electric slide again I guess, LOL!! Have fun!

Lacey said...

Hey I will be in town June 5-12 so we should plan a shindig. I told Sarah Stephens the same thing, so maybe we can plan a day or night we can all get together that would be fun. Chat with her (after girls camp) and see what we can work out and anyone else too, it would be good to see all of you guys. Maybe like the 9th or 10th. Let me know

Marisa and Rob said...

Hooray for girls camp!!!! Have fun at Girls Camp!!! The good O'l day's!!!

quadmom said...

Leah,
Jeremiah and I are definitely going to have to look into those leashes for our kiddos!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family