I just got another calling! I am the new ASSISTANT STAKE CAMP DIRECTOR! Just when I thought things were slowing down....:)
I love camp so much and have such a testimony of it. I have been 2 times with this stake and it is amazing! Last year I was as a YW leader and had a great time. And this year...I am helping to plan the whole thing! Our theme is Sweet is the Work(with an emphasis on missionary work.) If anyone has any great ideas please let me know. What are your best memories from girls camp?
Also we took family pictures on Sunday....shesh 2 two year olds is tough....Grr....such is life though. I will post more later.
A poem honoring my grief
3 years ago



4 comments:
Leah, I absoolutely loved my time as Assistant Camp Director. It is a LOT of work, but I have never had such powerful spiritual experiences. You may never know who you have inspired, but I guarantee you will change some lives. I wish we had time to have a Leah family Photo......maybe someday.
What a fun calling, camp is fun no matter how old you are. I'm sure it's a ton of work. Activities, you could do a missionary relay. Put on the dress and shoes, scripture chase, recite portion of the discussion, dinner with families, you know "missionary stuff" really fast.
congrats leah. :) girls camp holds sweet memories for me. I wasn't even a member, both years i went! the 1st year I went I was 16 going on 17 that summer and it was the 1st time I felt the Spirit at the ward's testimony meeting up at Camp LoMia. :)it was very very special and I will never forget that turning point in my young life where I had felt the presence of the Savior and how warm and inviting His Spirit truly is! i was forever changed and the Savior's countenance was impressed upon me to act in faith and to read the scriptures and to pray to know that they are true! yeah dawg!!! :)the next year I went to girls camp I had my birthday there and turned 18 and a couple months later I entered the waters of Baptism! :) here i am 7 years later. :) I think you know alot of the history in between! way to go leah, the young women are so lucky to have you, i can just imagine how fun you will be at girls camp and you are such an incredible example, i love your testimony, they will all be so lucky!!!
Congrats on the new calling you'll be great.
Post a Comment