Friday, December 14, 2007

Tamale Day...cooking with my sisters

For the past few years, the Davis women have got together and made the most amazing tamales. They share with us, but this year Christi ( my sis-in law) and I decided to leave the kids and go down and help! My sweet Sister Amanda watched them in the morning and Dougie got off work in the afternoon. It was a quick trip to Thatcher and back, but we had so much fun! My sweet MIL had prepared all of the ingredients and we just rolled and cooked for 10 hours straight. We made over 80 dozen!!! WOWZER! I got to take home 10 dozen red and green chili corn, and also some elk meat ones with Doug's elk meat. I can't wait for next year....it's going to be a fun tradition~





And just for fun....here are the girls before the ward Christmas Party the other night....I wonder how I got so lucky! I love watching them play together...they are so helpful and kind(most of the time) We watched my little nephew Collin the other day and sweet Audree asked him..."What's wrong Cowin?" Livvy helped me feed him his bottle and burp him....It will be fun to have another one someday!
Dougie hunting again this weekend. It's fun to have girl time but I miss him a little. I'm so blessed to have him in my life. I love him so much....Sigh:)


7 comments:

Deanne Wahl said...

First off, your family pics are amazing! Your girls are adorable! And kuddos for spending so much time in the kitchen! My husband was so jelous about the tamales and is waiting for me to finally break down and make some for him. Isn't spending time with the girls just great! Tell Doug HI and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all

Janiel said...

is it just me or is audree soooo much bigger than livey?

Amanda said...

I like the glow of this picture. it looks like a painting...

Anonymous said...

We make tamales every year too! The smell of tamales always reminds me of Christmas. Happy Holidays! Lucy

Marie Rayner said...

I can well imagine all the fun you had making the tamales! I was so lucky when your MIL came over last year we got to make Tamales together as well and I had such a great time. Eliza is such a wonderful lady. I Love her to bits. I visit your page all the time just to catch up with the girls. You have two precious little angels there!

Mary Ann said...

You are awesome... cute pics of your kids!!

Amber H. said...

Oh my gosh! I love tamales! I'm so jealous :o) So I just have to say, I have a friend in my ebay scrapbook group who has 2 year old twins. Her and her hubby just got pregnant and she found out she is having twins again! Something to maybe look forward to for you? :o) I love the kissing picture of your girls. So fun!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family