Monday, March 21, 2011

San Fransisco-RV Roadtrip 2011-Day 1

We returned last week from an amazing and expensive adventure in Northern California (more on that later). Our favorite highlights were the ocean, the zoo, the aquarium, Jelly Belly Factory, Golden Gate Bridge, Knotts Berry Farm and much more....And wouldn't you know I took a million pictures, so I am breaking the posts up by days.

Day 1-Thursday we were off....here we are eating on the road and stopping at the famous Dinosaur in California. I've said it before but RV is the way to travel with small kids. 2 TV's, eating on the road, reading books, playing games, and no stopping for potty breaks! This was our last trip in it, and we wanted to go somewhere we had never been before.

Doug's beautiful Mom and cute RM brother came with and were a tremendous help to us!


We drove all day and stopped in Sommerville, CA about 3 hours away from San Fran. Along the drive their were many Apricot farms with their beautiful white blossoms all in rows. I really wanted to stop and have a little photoshoot and our RV park had one right next too it!

Friday morning was the boys birthday so they started off the day with a birthday muffin...and ended the day with a twinkie.



And I just couldn't resist...I am a SUCKER for rows and rows of Trees:) We had a quick 15 minute 2 year old photo shoot. And it was so fun! It was quite gloomy that day so the images aren't as colorful as I would like them, but I still love them


Grammy shook the leaves on top of everyone....like soft snow!


The girls were a little jealous and wanted in on the action....too bad I didn't get them ready at all. It was a spur of the moment shoot...just how I like them...but still so cute!





Two busy boys....


Awww....the brothers....







Here are a few snaps from the drive that day....just breathtaking views...



Going into San Fran-The Bay Bridge


And we stopped here....AHHHH!! Can you hear the waves and the angels singing? We parked in Pacifica(right next to San Fran) and watched the waves roll in.


We then walked down to the local pizza joint for Birthday dinner...and I snapped these


(These are unedited straight out of the camera)....so dreamy right?

And then Doug said....hum....the RV feels like it's running weird? I hope the transmission is not going out?....Duh Duh Duh......


(more soon!)

9 comments:

Jeff said...

Awesome pictures in the grove!

hcrjfrandall said...

Love these! The tree pics are my favorites!

Jennie said...

Those ocean pics took my breath away. I miss the ocean!!

LOVE your new camera/lens...awesome pics with it. And blossoming trees are heavenly to me.

Abby said...

WOW, Leah - great pictures! I'm in love with your grove shots!!!

Sarah S. said...

Beautiful pictures Leah. There is something about the ocean that is so calming. I'm looking forward to tomorrows post. :)

Heather said...

What a fun trip! I am excited to see your picture chronicles of your adventure. Beautiful shots, beautiful kids. :)

Jenny Knudsen said...

I love love love seeing pictures of your sweet kids! I can see you guys had so much fun. Welcome back ;)

Smith Family said...

Now that you're back, we really do need to get together! I love those blossoms and cute kiddos! You said it was your last trip in the RV - does that mean you're getting rid of it?

Amber said...

Leah! Holy cow girlfriend, those grove pictures are AWESOME! I am totally enamored with the two b&w pics of your boys in the trees, especially the hugging one. Something you truly will cherish forever! Also, those two pictures of just the orchard with the branch hanging down and the two rows of trees....breathtaking! Great job friend, I love all the pics!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family