Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 2-The fun continues


We awoke Saturday morning and thought well, let's just get the RV checked out just in case.We went and rented a mini-van and then took it to the only shop open on Saturday and our fears were confirmed. The transmission had gone bad in the Rv and it needed to be repaired. The mechanic explained that it could take a few days for the part to get in and that it would be allot of money. We decided to get a second opinion and waited until Monday and took the RV into another shop...

Meanwhile while the RV was being looked at we went and found a local playground to play. Our cute Uncle Kevin has an Iphone and it has helped us every single day. We found a park close by and had a lovely day playing the morning away.

Here are a few more shots from our RV park...




This guy was fun to watch and even offered us a ride:)


After we dropped the RV back off at the Rv park we took the van and headed down to the famous Pier 39.

We were having a nice little lunch outside the aquarium when a sea of white was coming towards us. Doug saw it first and said, "Turn the kids around....there are a bunch of nudists on bikes!!!!" WHAT!!! You didn't have to tell me twice. We told the girls to turn around and look at the flowers as I shielded their eyes. I was in shock! Here we had brought our family to this place for a family vacation and they are exposed to this! Doug came to the rescue and told them how he felt. He yelled at them and told them how pathetic they were, and that he couldn't believe that he had brought his family to the city of San Francisco.
Their reply, "Hey it's San Francisco...what do you expect?"
They should have been arrested, it was a Very public place...not a nude beach or anything...
It just left me with a sour taste in my mouth, and kind of put a bump into the trip for me...

Anyways...onto the day and the pics


We went to the Aquarium by the Bay and saw really great fish and marine life. The boys loved seeing all the "Bishies"




It was a fun aquarium and we were glad we went.

Then we went and explored the rest of the pier...




I guess these sea lions have been here for many years and just stay here. The kids loved watching them "Roar" at each other and it was quite a sight...


We also rode the carousel....O decided to ride the top deck, so no picture of her....


To finish off the day we decided to head the world famous Golden Gate Bridge. What a sight it was. We stopped for a few moments and snapped a few pictures.


Our little family....Thanks Kevin for snapping the picture...(P.S.Did I take many pictures with Kevin? Sorry you haven't made an appearance yet Kevin...)





There were so many cool houses...All stacked next to each other, 2 story with a garage underneath.  Sadly this is a pic from the car and the only one I got.


Next post...San Fran Zoo!! My favorite day yet!

8 comments:

Amber said...

LOVE the bridge picture, and I also love the houses in San Fran. They are so fun to drive by and look at. It's a beautiful city with all the architecture. I cannot believe the story with the nudists though! That is INSANE! I would have been furious too. I'm glad you were able to shield your kids from it though! Jeez. Sorry about your RV too! Yikes! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip Ü

Sarah S. said...

A "sea of white"..you are hysterical. Good reflexes on Doug's part to shield your babies so quickly. I can't believe that people would think that's okay. Your artsy pictures are so pretty. I want to frame them.

Amanda said...

so you didn't snap any photos of the nudists? hee hee...

Twins Squared said...

Yeah, nudity could be anywhere in SF I suppose. I've lived in TX all my life except 6 months when we were first married. That place is CRAZY! But also there is a lot to do so I could imagine taking a family vacation there. It was neat seeing your pics of Fisherman's Wharf. Can picture it exactly!

Can't wait to see the zoo - I LOVED their zoo! The only one I've ever been to where all the animals were alert and active!

Alicia W said...

Gorgeous pictures, friend! Seriously, I love your talent.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs.EBG said...

oh man! You are making me so homesick! Growing up there we went to those places almost every weekend! The City sure has changed but it sure holds a special place in my heart! What a fun family vacation!

Smith Family said...

Fun times! Brought back lots of memories! I performed at Pier 39 with my song and dance group in high school! Let's get together soon - maybe this wk?

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family