Thursday, March 03, 2011

I need to print this...

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I’d build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I’d finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I’d take more hikes and fly more kites.
I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I’d do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans

4 comments:

Twins Squared said...

This was great. I was JUST thinking about how between the four of them all I do is correct and fuss most of the time. Not that I don't praise them but compared to all the getting onto them there is a huge difference. And yet I'm not sure how to not correct them all the time - maybe I just let more stuff go? I want to build self-esteem, manners, discipline, etc, all at the same time. Sigh.

Good poem - very true. So hard when you're in it.

Btw, thanks for visiting my new site the other day - good to hear from you!

Meagan said...

Ooh I love that! I sorta want to put that up in Braden's room and be reminded every day.

Mrs.EBG said...

I've seen this before and love it! Such a great reminder of the important things in life! Hope you and your cute fam are doing well, my friend!

Smith Family said...

That was so great! I'm going to print it!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family