My life as a single mother of 4.
Anyone been a little hot the past few days? This is great news for us....we haven't had an income for a while. But a little sad for me. Honestly it's not that bad just very busy. But you know the witching hour? When I am trying to get dinner ready, the boys are screaming, the girls are fighting and getting into the cupboards...that's when I when I really feel it.
For the past few months I really haven't done any wifely chores. That's right ladies, no grocery shopping, no doing the dishes, laundry, vacuming, moping, picking things up of the floor...(you get the idea my husband is a saint.) And now all of the sudden with him being gone all day those duties are mine again.shesh I had the good life for sure....how do we get it all done?
I am doing the bare minimum. The girls don't have clean panties? Do a load. Not a dish to eat out of? I guess I better run the dishwasher. So if you come over please don't look at my floors, or in my bedroom. I'm just going to try to enjoy my children before they grow up.
A poem honoring my grief
3 years ago



7 comments:
oh leah! it is OK! nobody cares! you do the best you can and leave the rest up to your friends who love you and want to help you. I'll be stopping by during the witching hour to lend a helping hand. love you friend :)
all i know is that you are just turbo of a woman! no one is looking at your floors...and if you see someone give them a dirty look...i will give them a smack down :). My baby is almost 8 months and i am just getting back into the mom schedule and life thing. NO Worries!! thinking of you!
When the reality of life sets in...that's when we grow...man, I really HATE growing pains!
Ok, I'm a little too tired right now. I read your first sentance and my heart stopped! I was like, "Doug left Leah?" Yeah, I know...I should know better.
Please don't say things like that to a pregnant woman.
Emily Baker
I totally feel you on the whole witching hour! I cannot keep up, so I cannot imagine how it is at your house. You are an amazing mom and that is definitely what matters at this time of life!! You're awesome and I love ya! See you tomorrow night for some fun!
I totally feel you!! Justin doesn't get home until 8pm so I've always had to do dinner, tub and bedtime by myself. Not sure what I'm going to do when two becomes four in 7 weeks. I wish my two were a little more self-sufficient. Oh well. :)
Those pics are SO DANG CUTE!!
i so feel your pain. my kids are 4,2 & 1 and when daddy's on call, which is like almost every night, i feel like pulling my hair out. you would feel really good after taking a look at my house!! it's almost summer, doug's business is bound to pick up, hang in there...
Post a Comment