Monday, April 06, 2009

It's all coming back to me now.....

Oh yes...how could I forget? Does anyone else think that Heavenly Father lets you forget so that you will have more children?
I'm not going to lie...these past few weeks have been wonderful and rough at the same time.

Recovering from a c-sec...was better but still tough. I still need 1-2 naps a day. And I can't do the things I want, no sitting on the floor with the girls or vaccuming( I guess that one's not too sad)

Nursing...the masitis is gone but of course now we have yeast infections and thrush on my nipples. Man... who said that nursing was easy? It's hard for sure...I am now remembering now what I went through with the girls.

Sleep deprevation...that ones a doozy. The world seems bleaker with less sleep. Although I shouldn't complain the boys are in their own room now at night and eating at 9 pm, 1 am, and 5 am....so that is good.

I have had a few days with the baby blues....newborn twins are hard!

So there's the complaints...wow that seems like alot. The boys are 4 weeks tomorrow and things are getting better day by day.
We have had the most amazing help. AWESOME meals, help with the girls, and Doug is still around alot to keep me sane. Thanks to all those that have lent a hand.

I have 4 children...holy smokes...

Here are some pics from the last few weeks.

Cousins Becca and Savanah came over one afternoon and enternained the girls...they had a blast!


My cute mom...has been here almost every weekend since she left. See that awesome Camo boopy? She made a new cover for my twin boppy...she is awesome...Doug loves the camo...fun!
Here we are enjoying a lovely spring evening...all my loves.

The Davis group...



These were when they first came home....cute faces...

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow, how did you get them on the same schedule? Go you!! It's rough being without sleep, but at least they are both up and down at the same time (at least from what you wrote it appears that way)

Sorry about all the nursing drama. Wouldn't it be nice to not to have those issues with nursing? I'm so proud of you for working through it all. Wish I was there to help you!

raegan said...

to have all that and only a 'few days' of the baby blues?! you are amazing! each day will get easier i am sure!

Celissa said...

I completely agree that Heavenly Father lets you forget all the stinky stuff or else no one would do it again. I can't believe you are doing it with 2. Four is hard enough one at a time!! You are definitely a trooper. I am glad things are starting to look a little bit up!

Wolfingtons said...

When I had a yeast infection and one of my babies had thrush, a lactation lady suggested putting olive oil on your nipples. Get rid of the yeast and is safe for the babies. It worked for me.

Smith Family said...

I'm sorry! I remember saying that nursing was one of the hardest things I've done. At least it gets easier! Do you want your girls to come over on Thursday so you can take a nap? Let me know! We're excited to see you on Friday!

M. G. said...

OH, OH, Oh, I remember....well not double like you, but I remember. 4 kids is a BIG family all at once. Hang in there. Don't be ashamed to ask for help or a break. It does no good to hide your stress or your blues. It only makes things worse. Love ya.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Wow, I am impressed that you have the boys in their own room. It was too much effort to me to have to get clear out of bed and travel to another room to feed the baby in the middle of the night. Whew...wears me out just thinking about it. I kept mine in the pack-n-play for quite awhile. Your amazing! Your kids are just way too cute. We would love to come and see you, but still have coughs hanging on at our house. I'd hate to add the stress of sickness, so we'll stay away until everyone is completely better. Love ya! Take care!

Christina MC said...

I can't believe your boys are sleeping so well so soon-that's awesome. I think only a couple days of the blues is more than acceptable for such a drastic change in your daily life. I would love to come see you and maybe entertain your girls while you nap or whatever else you need but I don't want to intrude, so let me know if that is ok-call, email or use my blog to respond. Hang in there-you are doing great!

Heather said...

Oh, Leah! I still haven't called you to talk twins. But I think that is okay and I will probably wait a few more weeks unitl you are feeling up to it. Reading this post gives me just of glimpse of what I can expect, you are amazing and I am sure I will pull from your mommy resources when my time comes.

Tara said...

You are amazing! Congratulations on your beautiful boys! Wish we still saw you at church... Let me know if I can ever help out at all!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family