At the temple right now there is the most amazing exhibit. An inspring local photographer Mark Mabry {www.mabryweddings.com} photographed the man who plays Christ in the Mesa Easter Pagent. He went to different locations all around Az and Mexico and re-created Christ's life on Camera. There are no words to describe it. Breathtaking, amainzg, inspiring.
It is in it's own room in the visitors center. With amazing music playing by Cylde Bawden {www.clydebawden.com/home}. I have some of his Cd's and played them in my classroom. He makes beautiful music.
There is also a video room showing how they made the pictures. Everyone needs to see this. Thankfully my sweet hubby took my girls home and I was able to go with my Sis-in law and just enjoy each picture.
Really take the time to go down to the Mesa Visitors Center. Your spirit will love it!
(And I hope they sell the prints and the music....keep your fingers crossed) P.S. If you go to mark mabry's blog there is a video about the making of one of the pictures. It will take your breath away!
And if you can't make it down there...I just found some of the videos on You tube....
http://www.youtube.com/user/reflectionsofchrist
A poem honoring my grief
3 years ago



9 comments:
I went and saw that when I went to my cousin's sealing. And guess who was my cousin's photographer???Yes, Mark Mabry! We were all curious to see how much he cost, but none of us had the guts to ask:) It is an amazing exhibit, and make sure to bring some tissues!
WOW! Thanks so so much, Leah for posting these links on your blog. I watched the videos, and it's just amazing. I got chills. I wish I could see the exhibit. Do you know how long it will be at the Mesa Temple visitor's center? Such beautiful pictures, I agree with you, I would love to buy some of these pictures. The music too was grand. Where did you get his CDs?
Wow! I checked out those videos and you're right, it's amazing! I'm definitely going to go the the visitor's center to see the display. Thanks for the heads up!
Thanks so much for the tip Leah! We are all getting together with my family on the 8th so I'll be sure to tell everyone we need to stop by to see it. I'm so excited now!
Jen B. Noble
I got his Cd's from where I used to work. But I think you can buy them online or at Deseret here? And Lucy....he's ALOT! My friends sister used him.
Leah,
I want to go see it when I come down. I am hoping to spend atleast a whole day there before I drive home to Safford. I also need your help pickin gout stuff for my moms house I am redoing. Anyway, I miss you girl. Can't wait to see you!
Wow, that's just amazing! Thanks so much for sharing this link!
It was fun running into you at Costco today - thanks so much for introducing yourself! The pictures of your girls are just so cute!!! And they're even cuter in person!
I went and saw this and it really is amazing... the only problem was we had both of our kids with us and so I didn't get to study and ponder the picture and music like I wanted. I'm gonna go back without the kids for sure!
i'm glad you got to go. a picture is worth a thousand words.
Post a Comment