Monday, September 24, 2007

A New Lens

I just bought a new zoom lens for weddings and family pictures. A 17-50mm Tamaron lens. It is so neat but definately different than my prime lenses. You can get so much more in the pictures. Here is our messy room. I am just standing in the corner.....those are dried up wipes on the floor.
This is like 1-2 inches from my face.....all the pictures are disorted a little b/c they are so close. And at 17 mm.

1st picture with the new lens


NICE!

Look at those cheeks!


And here are some better ones. ;) These are just by my house. I wish there were prettier places close by.....I just feel so blah about the backgrounds.
I got this umbrella for 1 dollar at Beals...(my mom's favorite discount store.)

I just love her expression
This is the only picture where she was looking at me! Ah the joys of raising 2 toddlers!

12 comments:

Wolfingtons said...

Love the umbrella picts. Hey are you doing that wedding I let you know about? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

Leah,
Will you please call me! I'm Leah Bowles Lowe 480-226-8972 Can't wait to hear from you!

Mary Ann said...

great pics! :) especially the close ups of you and doug! :) i love the umbrella pictures too... can't wait to have you do ours! YEAH

JLynn said...

i enjoyed your photos. i liked the one of your dried up wipes on the floor. :) it is amazing how much space you can get in one photo with your new lens. also, don't feel blah about your backgrounds, Leah. You always have cute backgrounds. Cache is sitting on my couches in all his pictures. :)

Jennie said...

Love the lens! I cracked up with your close-up of yourself!! Silly Leah! The umbrella is just so fun! Starting a collection of props is a good thing!

Kerrie said...

Love the pics! That's a cute umbrella prop for pictures. Great deal too! Love those! I am anxious for you to take pictures of my soon to be newborn!

Jen said...

Hey love the new lens and love the pictures even more. Those are some great close ups of You and Doug. :) Have fun playing!

Amber H. said...

I totally love the B & W pics! I think the umbrella looks so good :o) Good job! I'm with Mary Ann, I can't wait to have you do our pictures! I'm so excited :o) YOu have such a great eye!

Linda said...

Leah, i love that you're a photographer - I'm so jealous. You take great pictures. Would you want to take our family pics say like sometime at the end of November??

lisa said...

So is the new lens a good thing? I am excited for your first wedding. Can't wait to see how they turn out. And so excited for Doug. Good name.... we will definately pray for you guys. Welcome to the single mother hood life!

Ashlee Draper said...

Your girls are sooo adorable! I am excited for your new lens, your pictures are so cute. It is so good to keep up with your through this. I just talked to your mom on Sunday, and told her how cute you were! We'll see ya later!

Allison said...

Leah...my house looks like that all the time! About a year ago, while I was chasing my kids around church, John Stevens told me how surprised he was that I didn't weigh 100lbs...Thanks JOHN!! I'm assuming he was telling me I was fat!! Anywho, love the pictures! Good luck on the wedding, and I don't know what you are doing for a wedding book for you client, but, I recenty went to picaboo. you can make books, they are bound and pretty resonable! My clients have loved them! Just a thought! Also, Sigma has a new line of lenses that are wonderful...I just bought a 50-300 for the ceremony part, so I don't have to get up so close! Just an idea when you strike it big!! Anywho...you girls are stinking adorable, and I know my kids are tearing my house apart as I type!! gotta go!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family