The other night night Doug got up at the 4:00 feeding went into the closet where Emmett was and came out an said- "Do You have the other one? Is he in bed with you?" In my sleepy state I didn't know what he was talking about...I said, "The baby is in the pack and play" Tee hee...after so many nights of caring for two he was for sure there had to be another one somewhere.
Doug took the kids to clean up basement while I went to Costco by myself- first outing out to pick up pictures- I came home and said- where's the baby? He had left him downstairs safe on the bed for about 3 mins- forgot all about him-man....we have to many kids....and are way to tired.
And for those of you wondering-One baby is So much easier than TWO! Who would have thought...I love rocking him late at night and in the wee hours of the morning. We nurse whenever he wants and I am so relaxed about his schedule. Dealing with the two 3.5 year olds on the other hand-is a different story. They are adjusting to life with a new brother but are still rowdy 3 year old boys. I should not complain at all...Doug is still home with us 3 weeks later, does all the dropping and picking up, dishes, and is taking all the kids camping for 4 days while I stay home. WOW- I have said it before but I sure love him...I'm so grateful for him.
We have had the best friends and family come and help us. We had meals for 8 days , and help with the clark and grant- and so many sweet and thoughtful gifts. I am overcome with the service of others and hope that I return the favor someday and serve when someone needs it.
I am almost all healed up and Mr. Emmett is still so dreamy....life is good....
Here are some pictures that my friend Jackie came over and took as well as some that I took....sigh...I love newborns...
A poem honoring my grief
3 years ago











1 comment:
Love that Doug wondered where the "other one" was, so funny! You guys are troopers! Sweet little babe, can't wait to meet him. :)
Post a Comment