Friday, September 14, 2012

Introducing {Emmett Douglas Davis}

One week ago our sweet Boy came into this world happy and sweet and perfect.
We have had our scheduled c-section for a while so I was relieved that the day finally came! I slept about 4 hours the night before he came and we went to the hospital bright eyed and ready to go. I had the same nurse anesthetist as I had with the boys and she was so comforting and walked me through the surgery. Everything went as planned and at 9:25 Emmett entered the world screaming. He weighed 8lbs 14 oz and I thought for sure If I have 7lbs 37 week twins, that my singleton would be 10 lbs. No such luck....a healthy normal 8 lb baby.



It took us a few days to decide on a name...the top picks were Rhett, Greyson, and Emmett. In the end we decided he looked like an Emmett and that the name went well with our other names.



I spent 4 days in the hosptial and the recovery has been slow and hard. The worst one yet. Everyday some new challenge comes up that I have to overcome.
And coming home to 4 children has been hard. Monday we got home the boys ran in and said, "Mom your home! You brought home our baby brother!" Brought tears to my eyes. And then reality hit. I HAVE 5 KIDS! What the heck have Doug and I done!???
The boys are crazy, hard, and adjusting to their new life and the girls are doing great.
Here are some more pictures from the hospital. We had lots of sweet visitors and my mom spent 2 of the nights there with me so Doug could sleep in his own bed.













The cute kids came to hospital everyday and stayed for a little bit. What sweeties















My sweetheart Doug is my everything, my rock, my love, and my best friend. I am so happy we have created this family together and I LOVE that he is by my side to help me raise them.





Our family is now COMPLETE and so am I!!!

This is how I feel.....overjoyed and happy with our little brood.



This is reality........beautiful CHAOS.

15 comments:

Jennie said...

So happy Emmett is finally here and you're no longer uncomfortable pregnant! He is beautiful and looks so much like your brother. Is it crazy nursing/changing/rocking 1? Well, technically, you still have other littles who climb all over you, so you never really have just 1. I wish I lived near to come and help out with the older boys. I love you so much! Congrats on your beautiful complete family!

Carroll Family said...

How is it you look so beautiful in the hospital after having a baby??!!!?? Love the picture of the kids all looking at him!!!

Autumn said...

Congrats again, my friend! Glad to see Greyson was in top runnings! I love that name but Bry vetoed it! Emmett is darling and I'm so happy for your family! Hopefully my pregnancy will go as fast as yours seemed to go! :) Take care and enjoy your beautiful family!

Jenny Knudsen said...

Leah I am so happy for you guys! He is perfect. what a blessing for your beautiful family. I love you tons!

Unknown said...

Nice choice on the name! You have an awesome family with priceless personality! congrats!!
Eric

LucyH said...

What a sweetie! I have been dying to see the new babe and so glad he is finally here happy and healthy! I think he looks like your side. And your baby eviction notice was hilarious! I would love to come visit you sometime, we are not too far away from you!

Good luck with 5. It's been a doozy for me, but you are super woman so I know you will be just fine!

Judy Cozza Photography said...

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Your family is amazing to me. The best picture in my opinion - is the one where your husband is holding Everett. He looks so strong - so happy - and so confident. Love his smile - so genuine. Of course every photo of your kids are precious too! YOU HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND AND FATHER for your children. You are so blessed and it is beautiful how you revere your husband as your hero in helping you raise your family. The Gospel WORKS! Live those principles and following a Living prophet and you will be able to hear - WELL DONE MY TRUE AND FAITHFUL SERVANTS. I can truly seeing that happening for you and your family. I love you so much!!! BE STRONG MOTHER IN ZION! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Heather said...

He is so precious Leah! I am so happy that you captured your time in the hospital and love the shot of you recovering and gazing at that sweet babe, so much love there.

I am sorry you are having a hard recovery and hope it gets easier day by day. You are a strong mama and can handle 5 kids, FIVE! Gah! I felt the same way when I came home with Rhett and periodically Phil and I will look at each other and be like "what!? how on earth did we get here with all this crazy?".

Love you friend!

Christina MC said...

I love the pic of all of your kids together. What a beautiful family. Now go get some sleep!

Cluff Family said...

What a beautiful family you have. I am so happy for you and glad that you are home and doing as well as can be expected with so many little people around you.

Twins Squared said...

Wow! What an amazing family! That is going to be one loved little boy! Can't wait to hear how this first year goes for you after having done twins twice! But at the same time having to deal with all those twins you already have. Very sweet pictures. Congrats to all of you!

Alicia W said...

Oh congratulations! What a sweet family!

jeanene c said...

Great work. That recovery gets harder as we age. You will make it!!! Congrats!

Kathryn said...

Oh this post is perfect! Love your writing and your pictures. I am so happy for you and I hope you do rest and take it easy for a bit. Let that body properly heal. You are wonderful and we love you guys and your cute little family that you have made.

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

I love the picture with Doug and Emmett. So precious! What a darling family Leah!! I hope you recover quickly and can enjoy that sweet new baby.

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family