A friend just said to me, "So how does it feel to be living the last day of your 20's?" And it hit me...woah! The 20's are over! I got a little misty this evening looking through old pics and remembering what has happened to me in the past decade.
The past 10 years I have loved and lost, found myself, strengthened my testimony and found my Savior, graduated from College, was married and sealed to the most amazing man anyone could ever ask for, bought our first home, taught first grade, became a mother for the first time and fell in love with my babies, was shocked to become a mother of twins again, and have found Joy in the Journey along the way. If the next 10 years is anything like the last 10 years I say "Bring it On!"
Here we are on the night Doug proposed at his Brother's house. We had a four course dinner and the ring was hidden in a fortune cookie. And our sweet nieces sang, "Catch a falling star."
So much to be grateful for, good health, a knowledge of the plan of happiness, great friends and a happy family.
I can't wait to see what comes next!







10 comments:
wow I remember the last days I was still in my 20's just a wee bit ago and it is weird to think u get to jump into the next chapter in your life... well, I will officially welcome u to the coolest club in town... CLUB 30!!! Life is good here! and you and doug will love it :) it's /FUN over here at club 30 :) oh yeah!!!! I love u friend so much! I hope u have a great birthday and I can't wait to hang out with u this weekend! tell doug happy b-day too! love u girl ;)
Happy 30th to you and your sweet Dougy!!!
Isn't it fun to look back on old pictures and marvel at how we were such babies? Goodness!
How fun to share your special day with your sweetie. Happy Birthday to you both!
I love you guys! If anyone can handle things it is you. Thank you for being such a good example of friendship and motherhood. You make me smile every time I see you! :)
Yes, I am entering the 30s this month as well. Happy Birthday to you and Doug. You have had a lot go on in the last 10 years, some good, some bad but we gotta take em both right! You are an amazing person! Have a good one!!!
You guys are the cutest! I always remember admiring your relationship in high school and I think you've just gotten better as time has gone by. You have a beautiful family and I hope you had a happy birthday!
I left the 20's years ago and I am loving life in the 30's. Love ya tons and happy birthday to you and Doug. You guys are way too cute!
Didn't anyone tell you that 30 is the new 20? Age means nothing. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!! Was it the 3rd? Didn't I figure this out last year - my bday was yesterday as well! How bizarre!! Only I WISH I could say it was my 30th! I turned 37 yesterday - My 30th bday I ended up with a false alarm in the hospital 6 mos pregnant with my first set, all while a surprise party was waiting for me at home! Yes, SO many changes in your 20s! You are blessed - hope it was a happy birthday!
How fun! Happy birthday!
Post a Comment