For Mother's Day this year I wanted just one thing...(and a nap) a photoshoot of me and my children. Unfortunately on that day, things didn't pan out so we did the shoot a few weeks after Mothers day. It's crazy how much photography envelops so much of my thoughts...I lay awake at night dreaming about my recent shoot, what I could have improved on, my next shoot, what I want to do. etc. My Dougers bought me this couch and is such a trooper to go along with all my crazy dreaming. My dream was this couch in a wheat field, but when we got there the field was mowed...boo. Onto the next best thing, a corn field as high as an elephants eye. The sun was beating down on us, so some of these shots are a little hazier than I would like, but honestly what treasures!! I am going to make a collage or something fabulous with these images.
Ok..so there's the back story on these images.
Just a few Mommy thoughts...I bought this book at Desert the other day and have been reading it.
These are the folks that started Joy School and Linda Eyre also has an amazing Mothering book that I read last year that changed me.(come to think of it, I need to read it again)
Anyways, I am only a few chapters in but this spoke to me. The first Chapter talks about our children's true identity. Our spiritual brothers and sisters.
"We are not their creators, or their makers, or their owners, nor are we fully responsible for all that they are. They are unique children of God with their own destinies.
Children are likened into seedlings in a nursery. You know how all the little plants look the same when they are just little green shoots? But until you stop to read the little label on each one, you don't know if it's an oak tree, a fir tree, or a lilac bush."
This book has inspired me to commit to be a better more patient Mother and has helped my perspective.
Ok...enough ramblings, onto my favorite people in the world

























10 comments:
Love it! and I'm going to have to go get those books.
So pretty! What a sweet husband you have for getting that beautiful couch too.
My friend briefly told me about that spiritual book and how much she loved it. I'll have to borrow it from her.
I love you and I love these pics!
those pictures look like a dream! they are so great! What cute kids you have! I think they get it from their Mother... :)
Beautiful pictures! Beautiful mommy, beautiful kids, beautiful setting! We need you to do a photo shoot with us - maybe sometime this summer? Thanks for the book suggestions. I remember you talking about that other book last year. What that already last year? Is it the Mother's Book of Secrets? Let's get together after we get back from Disneyland!
This made me get a little teary eyed. You are such a good mom Leah. These pictures made me think of how much the Lord entrusts us with these beautiful, special spirits. You are so blessed to have 4 cute ones in your home.
Those pictures are soo dang cute!!
And thanks for the tip on the book. I need to read more mothering books!
I have not forgot about you, just have a crazy house and it never seems to calm down. I will get those pics on a cd, hopefully soon and bring them to you.
Thank you for sharing what you learned! I loved it ! You are such a beautiful person inside and out! I LOVE the pictures!
Very cute! You're so creative! I would never have thought of a couch in a field.
Leah, your pics are amazing, and its great to see you in them too!
Post a Comment