Friday, May 07, 2010

I Love to see the Temple





This past weekend we were able to go to Thatcher for the Gila Valley Temple Open House. I grew up in Thatcher will many wonderful members of the LDS church around me. The closest temple is here in Mesa (about 3 hours away) and many people from Thatcher would travel to Mesa to attend the temple. Words cannot express how happy I am for the residents of the Gila Valley to have their own temple.



The whole town is buzzing with excitement. It's so exciting that everyone can go in the temple and take a tour of what happens in there. The girls loved it. I started crying just looking at the pamphlet. The girls loved the Angel Moroni on top of the temple. We left the boys at home so that we could have this special time with our girls....they would have been hard to hold onto.

I think that Doug and I will be attending this temple more than the Mesa Temple because we have so many babysitters in Thatcher. It was breathtaking inside and defiantly a memorable experience.


Also while we were down there Doug took the girls 4-wheeling with his brothers. After the boys woke up we went out to ride for a little bit.
Uncle Tommy has this awesome 4 seater Prowler that the boys took a ride in. I drove it too...it was nice...my kind of  4-wheeling.

We also were able to attend my new nephew's blessings....what a fun family weekend! I am so grateful for the Gila Valley and my family.

4 comments:

Shalise said...

I'm so excited to see the new temple! Your girls look adorable in their little cardigans!

quadmom said...

Such great pictures Leah of your sweet girls and family and what a gorgeous temple! Thanks for a fun night last night! You're so great my friend! I always enjoy our chats!

Kathryn said...

It's wonderful that so many more people have easy access to a temple. When we went to church with my sister was when that realization really hit home.

Sarah said...

The temple is beautiful! Looks like a fun trip!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family