
Our cute cousins came over for a backyard picnic....how fun to enjoy the weather on our smooth new grass....

We took a family day and went to the Zoo...the boys did really well and the girls had a good time....So many fun things to see. Here are a few highlights....






Grant hurt his finger Super-bowl Sunday(see post below) and the following Sat was V-day! Doug surprised me with tickets to go see "Mary Poppins" at Gamage. The play was good and we loved hanging out with our friends the Youngs....

Sunday night Grant was not doing well so I decided to listen to my Mommy voice and take him in. He was lethargic and had a high fever. I thought his finger might have been infected but no....he had RSV. We waited at the urgent care for almost 2 hours before we were seen....and after breathing treatments, steriods shots, and other meds he was not improving. By this time I noticed that he was having trouble breathing and was breathing really fast. 40 times per minute is the average, he was doing around 65 times per minute. Because the Urgent care was closing and he was not improving they took Grant by Ambulance to Carden's Children's Hospital. Once there he got hooked up to an IV and got a deep suction down his nose and he started to improve. We were released at 4am and given instructions on what to watch for. Well I was an idiot and rode in the ambulance with him so we had to take a taxi home.....We were home by 5 and sleeping. The next day was a hard one...I'm not going to lie. I was exhausted, Clark was being a stinker and the girls were especially hard that day. Of course Doug had to work so I cried and said many prayers that I would make it. We did and my mom thankfully was in town so she helped us the next day. Grant slept all day. Literally....he would wake up for 15 minutes drink a bottle, have a breathing treatment and then fall asleep on me.
The next day he woke and was so lethargic he wouldn't drink his bottle. This worried me. Also his breaths per minute were 75....also a bad sign. I took him to our Pediatrician and then he sent me back to the Children's Hospital ER.
Once there we found out that he had an ear infection, pneumonia, and RSV. The doctor admitted him and we were in a room by 4pm that day.
We stayed a total of 4 days and he was such a trooper. He had to be poked a total of 8 times for IV's and had many deep suction's down his nose. Mostly he just slept and healed. What a blessing. By the 3rd day he was sitting up and wanting to play. I stayed with him most of the time and enjoyed my time with him there.....is it sad to say that? I read books and magazines, took naps with him, and enjoyed bonding with my Grantie.
I am so grateful that he is back home with us. What a blessing it is to have my sweet children in our humble home....






11 comments:
You have had allot going on this month. The emotional roller coaster is enough to tide you over for a couple months. I'm glad sweet Grant is doing better. It makes you so appreciative for health and strength when one of your babies are sick.
Oh and my mom was given that dress as a birthday gift from one of her best friends. She added to it to make it more modest.
I need to pick up your curtains so I can finish them off for you.
Glad he is doing better and that you got some one-on-one time. Although in a hospital, it's still precious. We've never know one-on-one time have we Leah.
You really have had quite the month! Your poor little Grant! After I had read on facebook that he had RSV it made me nervous that my Grant had more than a cold. But as of now the dr thinks it's a cold and let's hope it stays that way!
Oh poor baby boy! I can't believe you just went through all of that! And 4 days in the hospital?! That must have been hard. Your such a good mom and I hope he keeps improving.
oh leah, you have had quite the month! i am glad your baby is doing better and is home with the family. having a baby in the hospital is not the easiest thing. i too enjoyed that time to be with my baby girl by myself...only once we realized it wasn't life threatening. good for you for taking pictures to document it all!
Your poor baby has been thru so much. You are so strong to find positives thru it all. I love the baby lo-jack device they put on kids. Oh and the pic of A on DOug's shoulder showin a little crack!
I am so sorry he has been so sick. He is the third baby boy I know this winter who got RSV. THat is really hard for you. I am glad he is home!
What a rough month little Grant and all of you have had. I am so glad that he is feeling better. I love the pictures that you took at the hospital. Poor baby. He is so sweet. We loved spending valentine's with you guys too! What a fun date night we had. :) Love ya lady!
Wow Leah! WHat an eventful February! I'm glad Grant is better! It is the worst nightmare for a mom to have her kids in the hospital!
Oh, and I totally want to see Mary Poppins! I bet that was SOOO good!
good thing february is almost over. sheesh.
What a great post! Thanks so much Leah for spending hours with me Tuesday to make my blog so much and teaching me so much. I really appreciate it. I hope that March will be a much more relaxed month for you! Love you lots and let's plan a play date at your house soon.
Post a Comment