You know when that little voice in your head tells you, "Hey don't do that!" or "You should call this friend." Call it Mother's intuition, or the Spirit whispering to your heart, I didn't listen to my inner voice this past Sunday.
We were getting ready for church this past Sunday with all of the hustle and bustle that comes with it. We were having some friends over that evening so we decided to put the leaf into our solid oak table. I got the leaf out and was about to lean it up against the wall, when the little voice said, "YOU SHOULD NOT LEAVE THIS HERE, ONE OF THE BOYS IS GOING TO COME AND TOUCH THIS AND IT WILL FALL ON THEM."
I then left the leaf there and took the boys high chair trays around the corner to the sink. Just as I was rinsing the trays I heard a loud crash and a scream. My heart sank......I knew it. One of my sweet baby boys had touched the giant leaf and it had coming crashing down on them.
I ran around the corner to see my sweetest Grant with blood dripping everywhere. I lost it. I was hysterical and I ran to the sink to wet a washcloth. His pointer finger was mangled and it looked pretty bad. Olivia ran to her room crying. Audree was shouting, "I saw it fall on him mom!" And of course Clark was crying with all the chaos.



15 comments:
oh little Granty poo! I am so sorry this happened! How scary! I am glad he is ok and you are doing better as well! Love you friend!
Oh dear! Sorry to hear about that! I'm glad that he going to be okay. And you're a good mom Leah! Accidents happen all the time without that voice whispering to us. It's hard to see our babies get hurt though!
Poor sweet grant. He is such a trooper. Accidents do happen Leah and life is all about learning. Don't be too hard on yourself. He is such a cutie.
I am so so sorry to read this. Thank you for posting this because it is a good reminder to us all. So many times I think I know my kids are up to something but I don't bother to go check and then my mind starts thinking of what could happen if I don't go check and sometimes I do check and then sometimes still don't go right away. This is a lesson to listen to that voice for sure and just also to not assume that nothing's going to happen. I'm glad it was only his finger but still sorry it happened. I hope there is no permanent damage and glad he is happy.
Poor little buddy! But see how happy he is still? Because you ARE a good mommy = happy babies. Love you friend.
oh leah...i feel your mommy pain. we have ALL been there in questioning our decisions.
do know, there is no doubt this does not change that you're an amazing mother!
Oh my gosh! I totally understand...Olivia fractured her skull this weekend & it was awful!!!
I hate to say his little cast is cute, but it is! I am happy he is on the mend!
Oh my gosh! How horrible for all of you! I'm so sorry that happened! I'm so glad that your neighbors and hubby were there to help.
Oh my gosh, poor baby! Yes accidents do happen, don't beat yourself up! I hope he is okay.
He'll never remember (besides the pictures you're taking). He'll be fine, forgive yourself. You're an awesome mom!
You're a great mom Leah! We love you....and so do your kids. Get off the guilt trip train! IT's already crowded with a lot of us other moms! :)
when grant grows up and looks at his pointer finger, he is going to remember this experience very clearly and blame you for it all....hee hee. just kidding.
Wow Leah! I'm so sorry for you both. That is so sad! I felt some Momma guilt yesterday when while at my Sisters house i didn't go check on my baby as often as I should and found her awake, sliding out of her car seat and her face smashed against the carseat while she cried and chewed on her sleeve so hard that her gums bled! Man! GUILT! These poor babies. But like you said..accidents happen. sigh...
Your poor little boy...but more, poor YOU! I know the feeling about NOT listening to the spirit. Sometimes it seems so hard to distinguish between your head talking and the spirit being so real. This Elisa, Renae Baum's daughter(she is your mom's cousin, I am sure you will know who we are if you saw us), anyway we wondered if you still did photography, and if you big groups (30, 1/2 are under 14) and what your prices are..etc. What weekends you would be available from now until April 10th. Thanks so much Please email me stampinelisa@yahoo.com
What sweet pictures of such a cute little boy. You're still a great mommy Leah. Accident do happen.
Post a Comment