
A few months ago we tried to get a bigger home. We got all the way to the end of the process and they told us that we hadn't been in business long enough. We were sad but grateful we had a home at all. To make this home a little easier for us we decided to spend some money on the backyard and make it the way we want it.
I had many pictures of this project along the way, but sadly our computer crashed and most of our pictures were lost. I am so thankful for bloggin and that I keep up on it. I will print this and these will be the only pictures my children have from 2009.
Anyways, our backyard had tons of dirt, old grass and random small trees growing everywhere. Don't forget the GIANT bugambilia plant overtaking the whole yard.
Sweet Doug and his good friend and co worker Albert spent countless hours digging, moving dirt, getting the forms ready for the cement, laying the cement, and laying beautiful fake grass in our backyard.
Now my backyard is maintance free. No watering, no dirt, no mowing, just a fun great time. The girls love to ride their bikes around the grass in the cement circle and the boys love exploring.

Dad and Albert laying the grass...


The awesome payvers that Doug layed....we want to plant a garden back here..

The other side of the yard. With a trampoline and a broken Jacuzzi.


Grant learned how to clap this week.

Last night after dinner we sat out there as a family and play duck duck goose and layed around. Ah....happy times.



15 comments:
Oh Leah! It is gorgeous! Well done Doug & Albert. I love the little sidewalk around the perimeter for the kids to ride their bikes. Happy times indeed!
I love your backyard. I remember a previous post that showed your cement work and have been dreaming of having that in our backyard ever since.
Hey Leah-
It's Lisa (Allred) Oliver. I was peeking in on you and had to tell you that I LOVE your backyard. So cute. So nice. So low mantience! LOVE IT!
Your kids are so cute and your an awesome mom!
Have a great day!
P.S. If your grass is the synthetic plastic kind(can't tell so excuse me for being nosy) watch out in the summer....my friends have it and it BURNS like crazy in the summer. :)
Doug did a great job. I can't believe he already has the planter done. You guys don't mess around. :) It looks soo good.
that is awesome! we too have a cement 'track' around the perimeter of our backyard. our kids love it too! the grass looks great, and i am sure it will look even better when it is 150 degrees outside and no one has to mow it!
love it. Sorry the other house didn't work out, but glad to see you got your backyard. Outdoor space adds so much to surviving each day with a little more happiness.
who could ask for a better yard? That is awesome. I love the maintenance free part.
HOoray! It is wonderful! So happy for you!
curtis has been begging to come and play with his cousins! maybe we should come some weekend soon...before baby brother comes.
The yard looks fabulous! That really stinks about your pictures. Good thing you're a good blogger. If I lost all of mine I'd have nothing to show for myself!
LEAH YOU ARE AMAZING, DOUG DID AN AWESOME JOB WITH YOUR BACKYARD, IT WOULD BE ANYONES DREAM BACKYARD... I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHEN THE GIRLS WERE LITTLE.
YOUR PICS. MY FRIEND (COUSIN) ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL.. I LOVE YOUR BLOG. IT IS AMAZING TO ME ESPEACIALLY BEING A PHOTOGRAPGER MYSELF!!!!!. IF I COULD ONLY ASK YOU .. HOW DID YOU GET THIS BLOG UP AND GOING, I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP.. I HAVE TRIED AND JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT TO WORK. THANKS LOVE YOU GUYS, KELLY
There is nothing in the world like a good backyard! So glad you got it. Maybe you'll get that dream house someday down the road.
Wowza! What a pretty yard! I love it! That Doug is so handy! :)
What a beautiful back yard Leah! Doug will have to explain to Jeremiah how to do that! I'm so happy for you!
Love, love, love your backyard and I know that your family does too! It turned out amazing!!
Post a Comment