Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Some blog love for my Dougie.....his hunt

Warning.....dead animals in these pics...nothing too gruesome.









These are the pictures that our friend Lee took with his camera while hunting. I have the good cameras with me.


The Mesa crew....Eric, Doug, Lee(Eric's dad) and Miguel(friend) Doug's brother's Ryan and Jeff came with their boys as well. And My bro-in-law Clifton came with his brother.


Doug with his elk this year...it's at the butcher now...I hope my preggo stomache can handle the meat...


To drain the elk and keep it cool and away from other animals, they hoist it up in the tree.


One last shot...what a proud day! My manly man Doug!


When I married him I knew he liked to hunt, I just didn't think he would keep it up. I'm glad he has his hobbies though...it sure makes him happy!

5 comments:

Loree said...

yay for doug! ELK MEAT YUM ;) glad he enjoyed his man time! hope you can stomach the meat too :) just don't smell it :)

Jessica said...

I love these pictures!! This is the kind of stuff that I grew up with and it was me in the pictures some of the time! I'm glad that Doug likes to hunt. It is a fun hobby! Way to go Doug! Yeah, I hope that you can handle the meat while pregnant.

M. G. said...

Darrin used to do stuff like that and now he doesn't have the time. I know it seems like a nuisence (?) sometimes, but looking back, I wish I had encouraged him to go more. By the way. Cow Elk is superior to beef. FYI

Amanda said...

eeww...

Jill said...

Yucky-pie-poo-pants!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family