Since I print my blog, I wanted to write down my feelings about this upcoming adventure. If you have talked to me on the phone you have probably have heard all of this. So just skip it if you already know. Well.....let's just say, I am shocked, overwhelmed, excited, feel so blessed, and not that surprised. Ever since I became preggo with my 1st set, I always thought Heavenly Father might give us another set. And I always said I wanted another set of twins. It has been so neat to watch my girls and the bond that they have, I think 2 babies 1 pregnancy is sweet too! I was excited to have a singleton this time and wanted to experiance how it felt to just take of one baby. Doug teased me this whole pregnancy that we were going to have another set and about 5% of me believed him. I have had braxton hicks contractions early and the babies would be kicking all over the place, and I am GINORMOUS so it made me wonder.
To answer a few questions there are no twins in my family....except for my mom's uncle that has a set. The reason why it took so long to find out that there are 2 in there is because I haven't had much prenatal care. With Doug's business starting this year, we had to get our own insurance that starts at the end of this month. So we will be getting care from now on. I got the ultrasound at a clinic and paid $80.00 to find out the gender. She put the wand on my belly and I saw one baby, a divinding membrane, and another part that looked like another baby. She said, "Um....I think there's 2 in here." I have seen enough ultrasounds to know that that's excatly what was going on. Doug and I just burst into tears. We then found out the boy first and he cried even harder. How fun to have a cute little man in this mix of crazy girls.
Other fun things, the girls have said this whole time, a boy and a girl. Audree has always said a boy, and Olivia has always said a girl. On the morning of the ultrasound we told O that there might be just a boy in there. She insited saying "And a girl too."
So now onto the future. Having had twins before I know that this is high risk. I need to keep these babies in there until at least 36 weeks. I will probably be on moderated bedrest, I will have countless appoitments at the end and what the HECK and I going to do with 4 kids under 3!! HA! I guess we won't be going out much! I am going to need some help from friends and family, and I hope that I don't burden anyone too much.
We have so much to be grateful for. We have a 3 bedroom house and not a 2 bedroom. We have a mini-van, 2 baby carseats, 2 swings, double strollers, 2 cribs and a whole lotta love to go around. There might be some hard times, but think of all the fun! BRING IT ON! WHOO HOO!
Oh and I think we will wait until these kiddos are 3 or 4 before we try again...Doug keeps calling me his fertile mertle.
A poem honoring my grief
3 years ago



22 comments:
Leah, you are such a testimony of faith, hope, and so many wonderful things. I'm so happy for you guys. If I lived in mesa I'd be there to help. I'm so glad you posted this, I could feel a special spirit when I read this. :) I'm sure you guys will be getting lots of special blessings heading your way... You've already got TWO on the way! :) yay!
Leah, if anyone can do this, you can! I have been amazed and impressed every time I'm around you. You are calm, organized, adoring, so many good things. Lucky babies!
If anyone can do it, you can! We had lots of fun visiting with you the other day and playing today! Have you told school yet?
If doug is calling you "fertile Myrtle" then I'm going to call you "Super O" for super ovaries. It was neat to talk to you on the phone and hear the excitement in your voice. You have ALWAYS said that you wanted another set of twins and although I'm embarassed to admit it, I though well...that's never going to happen. You proved me wrong "Super O"!
For some reason this post made me cry. You are so positive and upbeat. I can't think of any two people who would do a better job at 4 under 3.
You rock. And I am SOO excited for you guys. What a blessing.
Hey Leah! I was blog hopping this morning and came across your blog! I can't believe you are having your second set of twins-how exciting!!!!
Congratulations! I know you already know this, but your girls are beautiful =)
Jolyn Rhodes-Bryant
Heavenly Father must think you are pretty special to give you so many "blessings" at one time! If anyone can do it, you can...I'll be thinking of you!
I want to help!
Callie and I were talking once about people who get to have twins. She said, "You know, it takes a really really special woman to be the mother of twins...and I am not one of those women!" I said neither am I! But you so are, Leah! How much Heavenly Father must love and trust you to give you not only one, but TWO sets of twins! What an exciting road you guys have ahead of you! We've all got your back 100%!!! Love ya!
ok i work at gilbert ped's and you know my sister, jamie. sometimes i skip over to your blog from hers because your girlies are so adorable!
seriously, twins again? i read that and seriously am so excited for you! and a little jealous. we love our daughter so much but both believed we would be having twins because of how big i got in the beginning of my pregnancy with her. =)
good luck! cant wait to see those cute babies in the office!!!
You are so brave to be excited. I'm happy that you're happy/ok with this. I guess God figures you can handle it. Now that I live so much closer, I would love the opportunity to help in any way that I can. Only having one, I'll feel like a slacker if I can't help you somehow. E loves to play with older kids, so it would be good for her to meet your precious girls. Please, let me know if I can help out-this isn't an empty offer.
Stay healthy!
Aaaghhh! I am glad you are excited because I am! That is just crazy and well, I love crazy. Seriously though, things will work out. Sounds like you know what already. And know I'll be thinking of you lots during these next 20 or so weeks.
Shut up! I can't believe it. You'll do great. And let me know what I can do to help you out!
Leah,
This is so EXCITING! I am happy for you guys. Wow, your girls were right on, I wish you the best of luck getting them here happy and healthy. You will do great!
Holy Crap Leah...My computer has been down for several days...and I have been wondering what you were going to have...TWO!! I am so excited for you! At least you already know the routine!! Glad you are getting a boy! Doug will have a good time trying to teach him to be a MAN with all those LADIES in the house!!!
Holy Batman !!! COngratulations and with your lucky you guys need to seriously think about buying some lotto tickets. If anyone is up for the task its you guys. You are awesome parents and these little ones are lucky to be coming to your family. I guess it helps to know that you've already done that and what a relief to have the mini van, extra room & car seats, etc. Hoping for a great pregnancy !!
Love
The Paynes
I love your perspective! I am super excited about your adventure. We have friends with 5 under 4 and they love it! I know it will be hard with some wonderful joys that the rest of us will never understand or know.
Holy cow! Another set of twins! What is your secret! I really really want twins! Is it the water or what? LOL!! Congrats!!!
Oh my goodness Leah!!! After church today, Parker told me "Kaitlyn said that Sis. Davis is having twins again." I totally didn't believe him! So when I got home I went straight to your blog! Congrats! If anyone can do it...you can! You are amazing! Call me to to help watch the girls or the new babies anytime!!
Crissie
Congratulations Leah!!! I'm so excited that you are going to have your own version of quads now!! You are such an amazing mother and person! Your kids are so lucky to be born to you and Doug! We need to get together soon to feed those two little babies!
Leah you can totally do this! Alan's Aunt Marie has ten children and the last four are two sets of twins. She came out of it a fabulous cheerful person and so will you. It's your nature to be happy. We won't try and sugar coat it and say it's not going to be hard but you'll make. Call me when you feel like you're losing your mind. I'll probably be losing mine too.
WOW!!! Steven told me on Sunday that you were having twins again and I was super shocked!!! I'm so excited for you!! I live right around the corner you know...I'll totally help with whatever you need!! Yay for babies!!!!
Post a Comment