Wednesday, July 09, 2008

4th Of July in Thatcher.....part 1

We spent the past few days in Thatcher with my parents for the 4th of July holiday. It was just super! The weather was perfect, the company fabulous and we did so many fun things! Grandma just bought a new pool for the kiddos...we swam like 5 times....fun times!







And don't forget Grandma has the best dress-ups! A wore this little number the whole time we were there!



Off to the Fireworks! We grabbed a bite at Arby's then went to a Lds church right across from where the fireworks were showing....here are some classic A and O faces. A loves the camera...totally cheeses it up! And then there's O.....silly sweet girl.




Pictures with G & G in their Garth Brooks Patriotic shirts!! You only can wear them once a year right?






The next day we went up to the mountain for a picnic lunch. Now a Udall picnic is not complete without a foam to take a nap on, some games, and yummy food!

This is my sweet amazing Aunt Alayne. She makes everyone around them feel so special and loved, including my girls....she is definatly an amazing girl...so glad to capture this moment with them together.....she was saying right before the picture, "Isn't this just lovely?" That is her outlook on life!


And my cute Grandpa....this mountain lunch was his idea....it has been so hard for him to watch his wife deterioriate. He just loves talking and being with family.....





My mom brought this hammock up....and you can guess what she did the whole time we were there....yep! Pushed kiddos around! Don't you love how O is hoggin it!


I just love this pic of my neice A....eating a oreo...in the mountain..can it get any better?


That night we had a hill-billy bbq under my mom's porch. We grilled and let the kiddos swim while we talked....good times for sure!

Shortly after this my sweetie Doug showed up and surprised us! He was able to stay until Monday afternoon...he is so good to us!

The Next day was Sunday....My mom doesn't have a tub so we bathed the girlies outside! YEP! Only in Thatcher!



One more trip up to the Mountain on Monday with Dad, Uncle Kevin, Uncle Ryan and Renee. We played games, shot guns( more pics to come later) and ate some lunch....I wish we had a cool mountain this close!

And just to prove I was there...here I am in all my No makeup glory!!


Hope everyone else had a fab 4th! I love living in America and celebrating traditions with my family!

9 comments:

Marisa and Rob said...

Looks like you guys had a blast in Thatcher!!! Man I have not been home since May and I want to go back. But I think we are for the
24th! Which I'm excited about!! :) I love the girls in the little pool for thier bath!!! Only in Thatcher that is too funny. Isn't family great, I love to be with them. I also love our moutains! Looks like that was a blast in the mountian's!!! Talk to you later.

JLynn said...

oh, leah i wished we lived in the same city! so we could get together more often!! :) awesome pictures of all the fun you guys had. your girls are so so adorable and they look like they are at such a fun fun age. your parents matching shirts are awesome! are you sure they only wear them once a year? ;) your mom is so sweet. you have such a great family, glad you guys got to enjoy the holiday together. oh and thanks for your sweet compliments on my quilts. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man that looks like so much fun! I am so glad that you got to have that time there together...special times, so well recorded, I love the photos! Those girls are so dang cute!

Janiel said...

did you buy the girls those chairs? aren't they so much fun and so compact? was fun to play with you this weekend!

Rubalcavas said...

It sound like you had a good weekend...we were on the mountain the same time you were...its a fun place to go to.

Angie said...

It kind of shocked me to see the girls with their tennis shoes on. They look so OLD!!

Jill said...

LOVE that picture of Aunt Alayne with your girls. She really is the greatest.

lisa said...

It makes me home sick and heart sick for that place and those people! We are so blessed to have the family we have. Can't wait to see you all soon! Such fun pictures!

Christina MC said...

It sounds like you had a great 4th. My fav pics are the ones of the girls in the chairs taken from above. Your kids are cute no matter what though.

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family