Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Weekend in Thatcher...with my Sweet Grandma

This past weekend, my sister Amanda and I had a chance to take a trip to our hometown to visit my Grandma who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. She was in good spirits, but it was hard to see her that way. I begged and begged for a picture of her with my grandpa and she said yes. It was terribly cold and they were both shivering so I only got a few...but here is my favorite. This is in front of their house. She didn't want any side shots to show her hair loss from the chemo and radiation, but I filled it in while Photoshop.


The girls were so excited to see grandma and grandpa and O kept talking about them, the whole way down. They were quite the criers while we were there and Sacrament meeting was a nightmare. I had both on each hip screaming their heads off and running out of the chapel. People in Thatcher are sweet though...they just smiled.

Both Manda and I forgot Jammies so my sister's and I went down to good ol Walmart and bought some new ones. We needed some summer ones anyway. Here are all the grandkiddos right before bed with G&G Udall.

My parents slept out in the front room and gave us there room while we were there....Thanks mom and dad!

And for journaling purposes....In a 2 hour time span O
*Took Doug's sharpie out of his pocket and colored all over herself and her kachi(sp) pants
*Took the grill scrapper outside and scrubbed her body....greasy!
*Found her in the toilet eating the toilet scrubber! Gross! If I wasn't so mad I would have taken a picture.
*Found another pen and was drawing on herself.
Sigh....I promise I'm not a neglegent mother!! She is just sooooo busy!

And We were at Manda's today and A said..."I need to go potty." Ok took her diaper off and put her on the big girl toilet...and what do you know?? She went poop! We made such a big deal out of it....looks like I might have to potty train soon!!

11 comments:

JLynn said...

sorry to hear about your grandma. you have such a sweet family, your mom is so nice. my o my little O! she sounds like she knows how to get into everything! i have to say that is AMAZING and AWESOME that A told you she needed to go potty and then went ON the potty!!! yay A!!!! she recognized the feeling and obviously realized she doesn't want to sit in her pants with poop anymore! :) smart girls you got!!!

Lisa said...

Hey Leah, I came across your blog through Amber. I laughed really hard at you at church on Sunday when you took both girls out, I'm sorry I couldn't help it. They sure are cute! That is an amazing picture of your Grandparents, thank you so much for sharing it.
Your quite the photographer, I may have to call you soon.
Anyway, just had to comment on how cute your girls were at church.
Lisa(Allred)Oiver

Mary Ann said...

wish i would have seen you sunday, i was out of town.. i love all the pics. the one of your grandparents is so sweet. she is quite the lady! hope she is well soon. will you call me, i have a question for you and lost your number. thanks!!

Linda said...

What a sweet picture of your Grandma and Grandpa Udall... they are such neat people. I hope the best for her.

M. G. said...

THis is such a darling blog. Oh how I remember the days. The picture of mom and dad is so great, mom will be grateful for the photoshopping. I wish they had internet so they could read all the sweet things that are said.

Marie said...

Leah! I used to be in your ward a long time ago. Remember Mark and Marie McConaghie and crazy Sarah. Your pictures are incredible! So good to see you on here. It's always funny who you can find looking at friends of friends blogs.

Jennie said...

Oh boy! You're hands are full with those kiddos! Way to go on the potty training...WAHOO! Is she still asking to go potty?

Love the pic of your gma & gpa...how cute!

Jill said...

Email me the pics of G&G! So cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little kiss! I love seeing grandparents in love! Thanks for sharing! Glad you had such a good time!

Madame Mauri said...

It sounds like you had a good visit with your family. I love the pic of your parents and the grandkids in jammies. What good memories for them. Cute pic of your gma and gpa I hope she feels better! Wow O is super creative! :)

Ashley Harris said...

Was that you quoted today in the Tribune regarding the new carousel? I was thinking, Leah Davis, mother of two year old twins, goes to the Kids Club thing on Thursdays - I think that's Jen's friend!!! If it is you - you're FAMOUS! (Well, kind of!) Oh, and good luck with the potty training! ;)

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family