Monday, March 24, 2008

Vacation in Mexico.....

LONG POST WITH LOTS OF PICTURES!
We are back to reality. We just spent a week with our good friends the Allen's. They have a time share down in Rocky Point about 20 minutes outside of town. It was not at all what I was expecting....this place was fancy!

We spent our days swimming in the huge indoor/outdoor pools. Walking and building sand castles on our own private beach and playing games at night (while the kiddos slept.)
It really was paradise and went by too quick. I got a pedicure with my friend Jess while we were ther and we went into town a few times. Also we went to Church on Sunday and I got to play the piano in Spanish.(Wink, wink) Those days of Sight reading the notes came in handy b/c I couldn't read what the song was.

I forgot my memory card and my sweet Sis-in-Law Allison took in to our friends brother who came down on Sunday. Thanks so much Alli! And I still didn't take enough pictures. I wish I had a pic of our friends that we went with...and the girls by the pool. I never took my camera down there...bummer.
Oh And Liv gave us many scares...she would run out of the room when we weren't looking and run down to the pool..yikes! The joys of 2 year olds!

We got sick on the way home and have been trying to recover all weekend. Doug is officially in business too. YEA! Call us if you need a tune up:)


This is the view from our room


Walking in from the ocean..


Monday in the evening


The kiddos loved burying their feet in the sand....I would then ask "Where's O's feet?" They loved pulling them out and showing you! The little guy on the right is our friend Kirkland. He is the same age as the girls...such a cute kid!


Whee!




Trying something new....I like it.




Outside the box for me....playing with full sun...


Me and My sweetie on the beach. We had so much fun being there with our litlle family.



The Dirt Mall....well it's paved now...but we went there in the middle of the week for fun. There is so much breakable stuff it's not even funny....but we had a good time though. Ate a churro and then on the road to a taco stand for lunch. YUMMO!


We let Liv choose the turtle that she watned it. She went back like 5 times to switch. When we crossed the street she saw some more bobble head turtles and wanted to switch hers....this is the reaction when we told her no!


With Their souveniers(Sp)....they made quick the ruckus walking up and down the street.



Isn't she pretty...I love the colors here...I wish I had more willing models...


Liv petting the ceramic dog...there were so many things to break here.


Audree LOVED laying in the sand. She loves putting food in her hair and fingerpainting too....


We brought some kites and someone gave us one...too bad I cut the kite off when I was taking the picture....grrr.



Little Livvy Loo likes to snuggle...she wants to hold you all day long...



Relaxing


The best picture out of a few hundred....My sweet friend Jess took this...Thanks Jess!


The girls love spinning...


Sweet Hugs at the end of the photoshoot


16 comments:

JLynn said...

beautiful ocean pics of your sweeties!! i seriously love your family! what a beautiful trip! sorry you guys got sick! we are trying to plan our az trip in april, just when we finally find out if/when curt has to go to san fran for some microsoft biz. can't wait to see ya!!

Christina MC said...

i love all of your photos. I am so jealous of your photographic ability and equipment and yet so happy for the beautiful memories you get to keep. My pictures look so blah b/c of our camera and E never seems to stay in one place for longer than a second and J gets impatient when I want to take pictures. Anyway, it looks like you had a wonderful vacation.Kudos!

Angie said...

I wondered why it had been so quiet on your blog...

Looks like you had a blast! Love all the pics.

Shawna said...

Looks like a great area and so much fun. That's great that you know how to capture the photo. We just came back from San Francisco for spring break and I was so frustrated that I don't know more about photography. I missed some great opportunities by not having a better camera.
Anyways, cut family as always and it looks like you had fun. I love the pic of the girls being thrown in the air!

Jennie said...

Wow, what a vacation! That time share looks amazing! It's so funny that you talk about all the breakable things. You know you're a mommy of toddler's when you see the world through their eyes...and try to avoid things breaking! :)

Love the beach pics! Hope you're feeling better now.

Hooray for Doug's biz! I'll let anyone I know about him if they have problems with their A/C.

lisa said...

I love all the pictures and seeing into your big adventure. I especially love the pictures below. i am glad you are obsessed with photography.......we all benefit. THe girls are seem so grownup to me and with such long pretty hair and pretty girl faces, not toddler faces. I can't wait to see them!!!!!!!!!!

Amber H. said...

Oh my gosh that looks like such a great vacation! This year for my birthday we are wanting to go down to Rocky Point, so can you please e-mail me the name of the place you stayed? It looks like somewhere I would want to go! It's beautiful!!! your pictures are great as always too! ;o)

THE TAASE'S said...

Sounds like tons of fun in Mexico. Your pictures are so beautiful. Can your girls be any cuter??

Jessica said...

Beautiful pics!! I am jealous. I wish that I could go there and just get away from reality. Maybe someday. Glad you are back though. We'll have to play soon.

Sarah said...

Leah, My parents stayed there too!! THe Mayan Palace! They have a timeshare there!! Isn't it incredible!!! Did you get kisses on your piilows from maid service?
I'm so jealous you got to go. My parents had a free room for us but we couldn't make it.....bummer I know!!! Well See you soon! WE're going to the temple at 11:30 so can we do pictures afterwards at 5:00?
Sarah

Celissa said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I would love to go to Mexico and just relax like that. Of course, you didn't have a Target with an escalator!! :)

Amanda said...

what a fun time! glad you are back safe and sound.

Mary Ann said...

AWESOME pictures!! i love the ones on the beach..especially of doug throwing the girls in the air.. so cute!

Kerrie said...

Way too fun Leah. I'm glad you could get away as a family. That's awesome. I'm glad there were no accidents with all the breakable stuff around! Gotta love Mexico. Ariba! Haven't been there since a midnight spurt of the moment trip at EA.

Ashley Harris said...

So gorgeous! Whenever I come to your site I always feel bad for my kids, the photos I take of them aren't nearly as beautiful as the photos your take of your girls! I'm almost embarrassed of the photos on my blog now!

When Jen is here we should all try to get together! There will be kids running all over the place!

Kindy said...

What a fun vacation. I always love looking at the pics that you take of your adorable girls! You are such a great photographer.

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family