Friday, March 02, 2012

Close Call

I have been weepy all day-I'm sure it has something to do with the hormones. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I puked for 10+hours yesterday and had a nasty headache too. I'm sure it has something to do with the wicked cold that is taking over my face. And I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that after I texted Doug and telling him I having a hard day- he came home from hunting.
Or could it be that I have had many yummy meals, so many sweet friends and my awesome sister taking the boys while I slept and recovered.
But why I am most weepy is because today I had a close call with my rowdy precious boys. These almost 3 year olds are balls of ENERGY! They go from sun up till sun down. This morning they wouldn't even watch a show , they were too busy wrestling and fighting. Being a twin is rough because someone is always stealing your toy, hitting you, trying to poke your eye out or chucking a toy across the room
A friend called with a question and I couldn't even talk to her-
I thought I am just going to put them in their room for a minute for a time out-just for 2 minutes...all you moms have been their right? I couldn't even carry on a conversation with her...
Well shortly after I heard a loud crash-I thought they must have pulled something out of their closet.
By the sound of their cries I ran quickly to the bedroom and to my horror they pulled their giant dresser down! I was mortified!!! They were both standing the door sobbing....the huge thing could have landed on them and hurt them or worse!!! Grant cut his face a little, and Clark got a bruise on his arm...I felt horrible! My mommy guilt was in full force...
I have been saying prayers of thanks all day, and this experience has been a huge wake up call that even though I'm not at my best all the time, the Lord still watches out for his children. I have been more patient all day and wanted to document this experience so I never forget how quickly things can change and I need to cherish each moment no matter how hard things are for me....


9 comments:

Smith Family said...

Oh, Leah, I'm in tears. I'm so so glad your boys are ok. I'm sorry you're sick and hope you're over the sickness soon! Love you!

Desiree said...

So glad they are safe. Wish I was closer I could help on those hard days. You are an amazing woman and amazing mom. A great example for us all. Keep on, keeping on!

Jennie said...

So glad your boys were ok! Things kinds of things can happen to anyone, so don't feel guilty. There have been times that I think the same thing...that Heavenly Father is watching out for his dear little ones too, even when I'm not there. Miss you Leah! Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sick with a cold/nausea myself.

Heather said...

I am so sorry you are ill and dealing with rowdy kids makes it all the harder to be patient when you are not feeling up to the task. I am so grateful that the boys are okay, a blessing indeed.

Don't you feel guilty one bit! You can't be there all the time and it can and does happen to us all. Kids are kids and thank goodness nothing more happened. Don't beat yourself up about it, us moms are excellent guilt trippers, especially to ourselves. Big Hugs! I am so glad you are surrounded by so much love and support.

Jen and Bryan said...

So glad they're ok! My sister, brother, and I did that when we were kids (we were suppose to be in bed... oops) and it DID land on my brother. 50 stitches later he STILL has a nasty massive scar under his hair. Time to bolt that sucker to the wall. Feel better and congrats on having ONE this time around. It'll be a breeze for you. Who wouldv'e thunk being a NON-twin would be the unique thing in a family. :)

Twins Squared said...

I have been worrying about that around here too. My high-energy little girl has started climbing on top of hers (she gets on it by standing on the bed rail) and then jumps off of it. In spite of me telling her what could happen, spanking her, you name it, she still continues to do it from time to time. The other day my other little girl somehow climbed on top of the doll house (almost same height). Same thing - was downstairs and heard this huge crash! She was crying but at least it's not heavy enough to seriously hurt her. But all I kept thinking was what if that had been the dresser? Sigh. Being a mom is so hard and scary at times. I am glad they were okay. Hope you are feeling better too.

Jenny Knudsen said...

Oh Leah. I am sorry this happened. I am here if you need help. I can come help give you a break if you need it and take the boys outside with Chase to play while you rest or whatever you need. Even if you just need a soda...Let me know!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, scary. I am so glad they are fine.
It can seriously be so frustrating. I don't have twins but these 3 boys are always fighting/wrestling/pushing/crying. And it seems like the second that phone rings it is even more chaotic. Glad they are ok and glad your husband could come home to give you some time.

lisa said...

Yikes! I didn't know this happened! So glad they are ok! That could have been really bad!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family