Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Moving Day- the girls start Kindergarten!

 
 My life has been turned upside-down this past few weeks. We have had so much change that I almost lost my marbles,  but thankfully things are slowing down and we are all adjusting to our new life out in the country. Ok-first things first, we packed up the house last week and hired movers to move us into our new home. And can I just say, WE HAVE ALOT OF STUFF! Almost 7 years and 4 kids later, we had that house stuffed to the brim. In fact everything fits perfectly in the new house...and still have the 3 car garage to unpack..


The movers came and got the job done in 5 hours...it was AWESOME...Doug even stood around for a bit and watched


We took some trips in the van with the little things...a.k.a (tons of toys)
Here is our perfect and amazing friend Nonnie-she packed and did so much for us~she also cleaned the house after we left. I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT HER!!

My heart has such memories here-our first home. I bought it while Doug was hunting one weekend, I brought all my babies home from the hospital here, nurtured, loved, learned, and made amazing memories here. I am already missing all my friends close by.

And I am just kicking myself for not taking pictures while the house was empty....because now it is full of boxes and junk everywhere! Arg....so you will just have wait until everything is put away and in order:) Or you can make the trek out to South Gilbert and see for yourself:)

For now here are the brothers finding new places to play-so much fun!


And here is our beautiful new SAFE pool fence..who is coming over for a swim?

Doug's family came to help this week...here are our awesome strong dudes...all of that is our LAND! yay! Lots of work to be done
 Lots of the boxes inside are put away, but the garage? Is another story-
Look at the places for all the scorpions and mosquitoes....Doug has been hunting every day and killed over 60 scorpions...I have killed 2 inside...I scream like a baby everytime!



Get the tissues out- Can someone tell me how these sweet babies, whom I just birthed went and grew up on me?


They were so excited to start school and were even more excited when they got to go back the second day!
I have been so blessed to be able to nurture, love and teach with my precious first children these past 5 years. I have loved the dance parties, the books, the fingerpainting, the cooking, the parks and museums, playdates, and everything in between. I want to be a fly on the wall in their classroom and think about them all day long.




Here are their first day clothes that they picked out themselves





Cutest little things


Lastly-here are my cuties in our old home-so many memories-
I hope the boys don't kill me someday for posting these. The girls sure love dressing their brothers up-isn't it a right of passage as younger brother to be dressed up?


9 comments:

Alicia W said...

Ahhhh. They are so big! All the change it rough on me too. But it's for the better, right? Can't wait to see the place!

Laura said...

Leah, I promised I would post since I ran into at costco. I had a kindergartner go to school today. It was so weird to not have them home the house was to quiet. Good luck on getting things unpacked. The backyard looks like your new home is a wonderful place.

Kathryn said...

So exciting. So cute! Your girls are awesome and you are an awesome mom. I love it when you post. Makes me want to be better.

Smith Family said...

We want to come see you! We go out your way to go to the mall! The scorpions would make me scream too! What big girls to be in Kindergarten! Morning, afternoon, or full day?

Heather said...

Hooray for your big beautiful home that fits you perfectly and your ginormous land! How awesome is that?! Can't wait to come and see it. :)

Meagan said...

The girls look SO CUTE in their first-day-of-school outfits! Love it! And OH MY GOSH! Your HUGE yard! How great! And how fun that you get to landscape it yourself! Yes, we'll be coming over to swim. :) I can't wait to see the rest of the house!

Jill said...

I cant believe you are so emotional about them starting school! Cohen is in half day and I'm crossing my fingers and PRAYING that he'll get into an all day class! :) That's the difference between you and me, I guess.

Your pool fence looks great!

Jeff and Mandy said...

Congratulations Leah! I will miss seeing you, even though it wasn't often enough! Your house looks amazing! So fun!

Tiffany said...

Leah,
Hey one of your loyal blog stockers here! :) I found your blog a little over a year a go via multiples and more. After reading a few posts I felt like I knew you! I actually think I knew you or your sister at EA when I was there in '96-'97. Did one of you do the production of West Side Story? Anyway... I thought it was high time I came out of the shadows and introduced myself. I really respect and admire you! Your family is so adorable and you seem like such an amazing woman (whether or not you feel like it!) Your photography is beautiful! Congrats on the new house and the new milestones :)

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family