Saturday, April 02, 2011

Thoughts about Summer...

(Long winded ramblings below)

Ok....summer is fast approaching and I am having some aniexty/depression about tending to my little ones with the hot long summer days ahead. The past 2 summer we have had our wonderful friend come and stay with us, but we need to save money for a bigger house and let's face it, this house is just too small for one more body. 

Here's how it goes down, I wake up and feel so grateful to be a Mommy. Get the house cleaned up, start some laundry, read a book, play with toys, kiss and snuggle the sweeties, yadda yadda. And then the afternoon rolls around and I turn into the Witchmyster. And then I start to complain, the kids get fussy, dinner is something frozen and I loose my patience. So I call Doug around 4:00 to find out when he will be home. Most days it is not until after the kids go to bed. This guy works like 15-18 hours days to provide us with a wonderful living. In the winter I get so used to all his help and then when I don't have it I start to whine. 

This past week I took a closer look and watched Doug run his business, and let's just say I am very impressed. He is honest patient, and good to his employees and his customers and he doesn't need the added stress of a Witchy wife complaining about every timeout and problem that I face. Instead I need to complain/vent to my girlfriends. Ladies sorry if I am too much but phew a girls gotta talk to keep sane.

So....I have some goals. And I need your help...I need to go on outings. All my local friends call me!!! And I will be calling you. We have a zoo memebership and Museum for Youth membership...I need to use these.
Another goal, I am SUCH a better mom when I pray and read my scrips. No more getting on the computer until I have read for the day. Plus I feel the added strength each day when I take the time to pray in the morning.

And my all time favorite, I NEED no Have to work out. I am chubba-lubba, which makes me more depressed and I yell more, more tired, and more addicted to my diet coke. When I exercise I am a more patient, level headed lady. 

And if any of you hear of fun, cheap/free stuff please let me know!!! I gotta do something to keep me sane!

Phew...how's that for honesty? And it got hot this week...here we are splashing in the heaven backyard sprinkler...







12 comments:

Unknown said...

You can come swim at our house. Then it'll be like we have quads cause the easter bunny is bringing those same cherry swimsuits to my girls. Also lets go to the museum often.

Heather said...

Wish I lived closer! We could be night walking buddies and walk away the pounds and days challenges. Love these cute pictures.

Jill said...

I have those same summer fears. We will stay connected.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I am leaving the state to avoid summer depression! I hate that part of the heat. It's good for about a month and then it just grinds on me. Anyway, we'll have to play before we leave town! And you can vent with me anytime!

Christina MC said...

I hear everything you are saying and I don't even have four little ones like you. I would LOVE to hang out more and let our kids play together, even if it's just at our houses. I think I still have your number and if you need mine just msg me on FB. Let's help each other get through the summer =)

Jennie said...

Gosh Leah, I'm totally on the same page as you for the summer time! Why do you think I got a exchange student last year?! :) She's coming again this year too, thank goodness!

I wish we lived closer because we'd be workin' out our booties together and hanging out while our hubby's are away.

Have you figured out approx. how long it will take you to save up for a house?

I'm also planning on doing more crockpot dinners (like 3 times a week) so that I won't get cranky in the evenings while I'm trying to get dinner on while the girls are at their crankiest too.

Also, I found it helps if we eat dinner at 4:30 and at the latest 5PM with their cranky/hungry bodies. Yes, that means Trevor misses out on dinner, but he usually does anyway.

Christi said...

It is a panic-y feeling, isn't it? Knowing that heat is coming gives me some serious anxiety! You're smart to have a good plan in place! And you can just pack everyone up and head over here any afternoon! I'll be needing some moral support, too!

Twins Squared said...

Oh I hear ya! Summer with so many little ones seems next to impossible! We had help the summer that the little twins were babies, but that was it. My hubby works long hours too so I do it all myself. And it's super hot here too which makes it hard to be outside unless it involves water and swimming is scary with that many little ones.

You will survive it! One day at a time. Ditto on so much of what you said and starting your day off right. I'm terrible about it. Kind of hard to find the mental or physical energy to do anything that requires effort that you don't have to do.

Question - how do you get such clear pics of your kids, even when they are moving fast? I know your camera is way better than mine but I still have not figured it all out. Still shots I can do great but fast moving ones are worse with my DSR than they were with my point and shoot.

Hoping peace for you - it is looming for me as well but I am hoping it will not be too bad. Little ones will be 3 1/2. Should be the last hard summer. Last year was way better than I expected and enjoyed quite a bit of it. Hopefully you will too.

Mrs.EBG said...

Leah, I think you are amazing. It is hard to be home with little ones doing it yourself. I remember when I was staying at home and Bry would travel for work-- HATED my life! You have a great plan and a great heart! I know you will have a fab summer!

Angie said...

Ummm. I could have written this post WORD FOR WORD. Why is it that almost everything you say is everything I'm feeling???? I sure wish you lived closer (not that 10 minutes is THAT far, but still...). I wish we could be walking buddies.

I'm DREADING the summer and how to keep the kids (and, who are we kidding, me!) happy and busy with fighting and screaming to a minimum. Please share your ideas if anything fabulous pops up. We'll be at the museum weekly, that's for sure!

lisa said...

I wish I lived by you Leah. We could deal with sad summer together. I hate AZ summers! SO long and hot! I think all your goals are right on. And you will accomplish them. You are such a good mom! Love you! See you at Callie's shower this weekend. I decided to come!

Unknown said...

They look sooo cute.. Miss my babies.. oh wait! they are not babies anymore!! They still all cute though..

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family