I am feeling nostalgic this week...the girls turn 5 on Sunday...and I cannot believe it. I know every Mother says this, but doesn't it feel like I just had them? It is so vivid in my memory....just like yesterday.
So before I wanted forget, I wanted write down parts about our day that I don't want to forget.
Olivia likes to look at the Book of Mormon(for kids)....also the gospel art kit pictures. I caught her the other day just looking at the New Testament for kids and had to snap a picture. She has a sweet testimony already and I hope it stays strong...which is good because she has turned into such a Sass-a-Frass these days....
Audree is such a sweet tenderhearted girl. She likes to go off and build pillow forts and have a moment alone in them. Who can blame her? I want to go crawl into a pillow fort sometimes...
She also calls herself the "Little Nurse" She is very helpful and kind and when one of the kids gets bonked or hurt she will go and get them a drink or a teddy...
She often asks "I would like to help Mom,"
Today Doug was putting together their new bunkbed in the girls room. He asked them to go and play so he could work and she replied "Dad I know what I could do! A show always distracts me..."
Funny girl
You know we love dress-ups in our house...Almost everyday I turn on XM radio and we dance our hearts out. This day it was classical music with ballet moves....Lovely ladies for sure
Oh what is this? Did we get a dog? No....just dog sitting. And it has been H-E-A-V-E-N!!! Well except for stepping on the dog poop, and watching Grant kick and pull the dogs hairs....oh and don't forget the yelling..."Olivia it's Audree's turn to hold "Little Dog"
That's his name...little dog...or Balto...as Olivia likes to call him. She is our animal lover for sure and has sure made this dog her little baby.
He's cute huh....he is amazing with the kids...they let him carry him around, he doesn't bark and he gets excited when I come home. He follows me around after the kids go to bed and sleep in a box in our room....What? I am not a dog person, but it has been fun to see what it would be like to have a dog in the Davis home.
Little Clark is quite the character. He sings you are my Sunshine and yells your name when you walk in the room. He still loves to snuggle on my shoulder and just today I heard him count to ten. He cries allot sometimes but I sure do love his heart.
He wants to be a fix it man just like his Daddy. Anytime Doug has his tools out he wants to use them...
Lastly my little climber boy Grant....He pushes a chair over and climbs on the tramp by himself....and then when he wants to get down he screams for help. He has the sweetest little voice...he rambles on in the cutest little words..."Ah-doo-ca-ting..." As he points to a snack that he wants. He is so easy going and tenderhearted but sure knows how to make mischief.
And I adore his little chubby cheeks. I kiss them all the time....and when he runs they jiggle....he has the cutest little run.
And he pulls the cutest faces...see.



6 comments:
Your children really are so tender-hearted, just like their mom.
I hope I can do better at teaching my girls kindness. Such sweet moments.
(kathryn)
That dog is really cute. I'm suprised that he handled the kids so well. Usually little dogs get overwhelmed and not nice around little kids!
Your kids are so cute and I love hearing about them.
Such a great post! There are so many precious little moments with little ones! What a blessing to be a mother!
It's these little details that will become dim as time goes on. I have been meaning to write the details down about my kids at this stage. Thanks for the reminder. Your kids are adorable.
Love these sweet mugs. It is so important to capture the everyday special moments. Beautiful pictures.
PS: i think we have the same rug. :)
i am glad you wrote this down because sometimes we get caught up in the business and tiredness of motherhood. Made me love your kids more too.
Post a Comment