Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Audree and Olivia turn 5!!!!

 We had a lovely family backyard barbecue birthday party on Saturday, for our sweet 5 year old girls....I just can't believe it! These little sweeties have been my life for the past 5 years and are turning into such sweet lovely ladies. Here are my sweeties at 7 months...look at those chubby-bubbies....



And here they are in the hospital right after they were born....I am so in love....


Onto the party....hamburgers and hotdogs, hit the spot!! Doug is an amazing grillmaster!


This year the girls wanted a "Bunny" party...and wanted a Bunny cake and wanted to eat Bunny as well....that's right...eat bunny.  A few months ago..... Doug came home with a Cottontail rabbit and cooked it for dinner...the girls were in heaven..."This tastes so yummy dad!" I was gagging in the corner...
Doug was going to go hunting and get some bunny for the party but I said NO!!

While we were looking at cake designs online...Olivia saw a castle cake and wanted one. So...I wanted to give them their own cake on their own day...so 2 cakes it is!


She said to me, "Mom the cake looks perfect, but she just needs a bow!" I think you are right Audree...




 Onto the presents....our family is so sweet and spoiled our little ladies!

A few weeks ago at the zoo the girls were playing Superhero...It sparked an idea...and my sister helped me make these cute capes for them. Thanks so much Amanda! They turned out so cute~


Some fun masks from Grandma....ohhh la la! And beautiful necklaces from Aunt Allie!!




Later that night we took the girls to Supercross....they did really well the first hour, but like their mother got a little bored. I wanted Stunts and wrecks....this was just racing around the track...We had a great time with some of Doug's family and made a fun memory!
 I felt a little out of place in my cardigan...there we some...shall we say Interesting looking outfits there...way to give our girls a cultural experience right?

Happy Birthday little ladies!! 5 Year old pictures coming soon!

8 comments:

Smith Family said...

Happy birthday, girls! I am SO laughing about them wanting to eat bunny for their birthday and about Doug being willing to go hunt some! Great job on the capes and cakes!

raegan said...

You are such a cute Mommy, Leah! What beautiful girls you have. I am not quite sure what to think about the bunny party and wanting to eat bunny, too! The cakes are adorable- and just the perfect bunny touch!

Amanda said...

i think there is more cultural experience in that birthday party than in motocross. :)

Heather said...

Those cakes are IMPRESSIVE!

lisa said...

Leah! Your cakes turned out fabulous! I love it! And have you lost more weight. I can tell in that last picture! You look great!

Nicole said...

We were at Supercross too! Did you notice the commotion in Section 301? We had a fight in our area. Good times!

Loree said...

Happy Happy birthday to Audree & Olivia! Holy cow i remember the day they were born! What a fun party and super cute cakes! yeehaw Supercross... i watched some on TV :) awww so fun :)

Ella A. said...

I cannot believe they are 5. holy smokes. and i about peed my pants laughing about eating bunnies. that is just hilarious! i miss you guys! happy birthday cuties!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family