Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Delivery, Hospital Stay, Coming Home

So here we are home from the hospital, and I wanted to share my thoughts and feeling before I forget and while I have a moment. These are some pics from the night before the delivery. We were so excited, I only got 2 hours of sleep! My section was scheduled for 6 am but there was a mix up with the paper work and I ended up in the operating room at 7:20. We were able to get a 10 minute nap before they took us to the operating room.

Look at my crazy big belly....shesh! 2 7lb. babies what do you expect!


The surgery was different from my last one. I don't know if I knew what to expect, or if my body remembered, but this surgery and recovery have been a way better experiance. I had a great Anthestiologist(sp) that gave me the play by play of what was going on. At 7:44 Grant was born and at 7:45 Clark was born. Their cries were the sweetest sounds I ever heard, isn't that the best? They brought them around right after they were born and they looked so big. They even found each while they were being cleaned off....isn't this sweet?



Here is our brand new additions. They wisked them off to the recovery room and started sewing me back together. Things were taking quite a while and I asked the anestheoligist if everything was going ok...My O.B. then asked, "Did you have alot of pain and discomfort on your right side?" Me, "Well you know 2nd set of twins, maybe I did?" He then replied, "Your muscles have ripped apart and I am sewing them back together..." WHAT? I guess it doesn't happen very often but I am not the normal prego girl then am I.

They brought me back to the recovery room were we were able to meet and hold the boys, this is where we decided on their names. They just looked like the names they are. Their middle names are our dad's names. We did the same with our girls, it's kinda fun because no one is left out!
This is me day one with my sweet boy Clark. He had to go to the special care nursery for a few hours. He swallowed some fluid on the way out, and had to be monitered for a while. He was back in my arms by 1:00pm and nursing. I was up and walking that 1st day....I felt 10 times better this time than I did the last. Isn't that a blessing?



The girls were able to come that 1st day and meet their brothers. They were very curious about me and what was going on. I am so glad they are 3 and can understand for the most part. They asked a million questions about the IV, my incision, the doctors bed, it was very sweet. Having all of my children around was a sureal experiance. Having these boys made me love my girls all the more. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father had intrusted these special spirits to Doug and I. I just hope and pray that we can do a good job as parents and they can grow up righteous and strong.
Here are some cute pics of my offspring....I am so in love with them.


Look at the girls bright eyes....could you just die? Their is such a special spirit with newborns. I loved being able to talk with my girls, nurse the boys and feel the sprit in our home. I feel incredibly blessed and lucky to have all of these amazing sprits around me.

We were able to stay until Sunday. I had the option to go home Sat., but was glad we had one more night in the hospital. Thanks to all those who came and saw us and helped with our girls. It means so much to me.
Here are the boys in their going home outfits. Cutie cuties!
Grant on the left, Clark on the right

Bright eyed Clark...we think he has more of the davis look.


Sweet Mr. Grant, he reminds me of my brother and sister.

I am recovering well, you know, sore nipples, sore incision, sleep deprived, but so happy. The boys have their nights and days confused of course, so we are working on that. My sweet mom is here till Sat. and then hopefully we will have help from ward members and friends.
Thanks for all of the wonderful comments on the last post...we appriciate it!

25 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Leah they are soo cute!!! I can't believe you have 2 sets of twins. That is craziness!!!

About the C-Section, it's been my experience & everyone else I've talked to that the first is the absolute worst, but then after that they are soo much better. I had a C-section before Zack was born (to remove fibroid tumors), so Zack's delivery was actually my 2nd C-section & it was totally WAY easier than the first. Still uncomfortable & all that, but I swear I healed way faster.

Thank heavens, right?

Congrats again...they are dolls!

Tawni said...

I am so happy for you guys! And those pictures of all your kiddos together are soo dang cute!
Seriously, call me if you need help once your mom has left you all alone with 4 kiddos!
Your boys sure are cuties!

Snyder Family said...

You guys are super cute! We are so excited for you guys. If you need any help let us know!

Angie said...

I'm so excited you found time to update today!! Cute boys. They already look older than the last post!

LucyH said...

ISi this even real?? Where did you find those two little babes after you pulled the pillow out from under your shirt? I am still trying to get over the fact that you have two sets of twins! You are so amazing and I wanted to cry this entire post.I totally want to come visit you (without my kids of course). congratulations! I am seriously in awe!!!

Rubalcavas said...

New babies are so sweet! I am so happy for you!

The McNeil Family said...

They are so darling.. I wish I could have met them the other day at the doctors office. I was bummed I missed you. I would love to bring you a meal or something.

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Congratulations Leah!! You truly are blessed to have 2 sweet little boys and 2 girls! I am so happy for you!
Oh--I don't know if you can view our blog or not, but if you want to be invited you can email me ryanandchelsea@gmail.com.

Congrats again!

raegan said...

SUPER MOMMA! What a beautiful family. I bet it feels good to have the boys here safe and sound! Amen to the 2nd c-section. I was up and walking 5 hours after my second, and did not walk for like a day and a half with my first!

Marisa and Rob said...

They are such cute boy's!! Your whole family is so cute, I love the picture with the girl's holding thier brother's, too cute! :) After reading your post about how you are glad the girls are 3 and understand a little bit about things, that made us feel a lot better, about our decision with our second kid, and how we are just enjoying Amirra and getting to know her a little more :) You are truly blessed with these sweet childern. You guy's are going to be GREAT parents! :)

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the update. Your boys are so handsome. I'm glad all went well and I can't wait to meet them.

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting. i know you must be tired. is it really bad of me to be happy that their days and nights are mixed up? does that mean they will be sleeping on saturday morning? can't wait to meet them. get a lot of rest while your mom is there!!

JLynn said...

you guys are amazing. There is such a special spirit about you Leah and your family. I'm so happy for you. I hope you are able to rest and that your ward and friends there will be helping you. wish I was there to lend a helping hand! love you and your cute kiddos! i love the pics of the girls holding their brothers with their BRIGHT eyes! it looks magical! :)

Jessica said...

How exciting to be home and doing well. These pictures are way too cute! I love seeing all of your kids together. How sweet! Every time I go past your house I want to stop in, but I am trying to give you some time to yourselves at home. I need to hold those boys again though, so we'll stop by soon. Sage is still coughing and we don't know what's going on, so we'll keep her at a distance for awhile. Love ya! Take care!

Amber H. said...

Oh LEah, you poor thing! I can't believe your muscles were ripped apart! Yikes! I'm so glad you are home and everything is going well. Your babies are so fun! Congrats :o) I still can't believe they were each 7 lbs...holy smokes!

Mrs.EBG said...

Leah the pics of all 4 of the kids are sooo adorable! I am so excited for your family! As blessed as you are to have those sweeties they are more blessed to have you as a mom! Can't wait to see them Monday!

Meagan said...

Oh Leah they're PERFECT! I absolutely love the picture of your kids at the top. GREAT job on that one!

Cherene said...

You are so amazing to find the time to post and update all of us, your adoring fans! What a beautiful family. Love you guys!

~aileen~jaron~ said...

way to be momma! and Daddy! What wonderfully healthy boys! I am sooo excited for you! I will call you soon! Keep up the awesomeness!

Smith Family said...

I love how the one girl wrote about how sweet it was of you to take the time to post for your adoring fans! That's so true! I love that you got last belly shots before going in. Love the pictures of all your kiddos together and love the boys by themselves! So the craziness really begins Saturday. I'm sure you wish she didn't have to leave. I want to take your girls and bring you dinner after she goes. Don't want to encroach on anything your ward has planned. I'll call you. I hope your ripped stomach muscles are doing ok! I couldn't believe it when you told me that!

Alicia W said...

I love the new blog. And good luck with everything. Call me any time, for reals. I'll do my best to make sure you're not alone.

hcrjfrandall said...

Leah, they are adorable! Take it easy mama! Whew! You are so blessed.

Swasey family said...

Thank you for sharing your story.And for the positive thoughts on it all.Makes me think I can Do this..I can do this....The boys are beautiful!!Isn't is amazing that our heavenly father trusts the few of us moms with multiple spirits at once?!!I LOVE it!!!!

Kenningtons said...

I loved reading your labor/delivery day story!!! Your boys are absolutely precious!! VERY VERY CUTE!

M. G. said...

So glad you took some photos. It was your blog of your girls that got me hooked on blogging. LOVE IT! And....your pics are always soooo breathtaking. Don't try to do to much. I have an eleven yr. old boy who would soooo love to come and "older brother" your girls. Keep that in mind this summer.

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family