Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My 1 year Photography Journey

Last year for Mother's Day, my sweet Doug got me a beautiful new Digital Camera. A Nikon D70. I was amazed at the pictures I took, the snapshots looked awesome. I started to take pictures for people in my ward and then I found this website. www.ilovephotography.com
That is really where my journey began. I bought books, learned about natural lighting, shooting in manual, shutter speeds, ISO, and aperture. It has been so neat to have something to learn and do besides being mom everyday. I love taking pictures and capturing cute moments. So to show the transformation here are some before and after pics. (I didn't sharpen these for the web, so they might seem a little soft:)
I have practiced alot on friends, family and people in my ward. I just finished my 3rd stranger session. I charge $50 for a cd of the images.



I thought these were amazing!!






Still thinking I was rocking it!




Got a new lens and kept on practicing.



This one might be my all time favorite!



These were a while ago...but I love them!




I can't wait to see what another year brings! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

lisa said...

this is John- just to let you know... YOU are AMAZING. I really think you are one of the BEST photographers I have ever seen. It is incredible that it is all talent. I love you, as if we had 1/2 the same DNA (aka: like a sister). Your wonderful, oh Doug isn't half bad either. Ok, he's almost as good as you are.

JLynn said...

wow...amazing photos...you really have the talent to capture "life" through your lense and in your pictures :) Thanks for sharing...and congrats on all your personal accomplishments that have made you a great photographer for the public!

Kerrie said...

Leah, you really are doing a great job! I love the one of the new little baby with the black background! That is so pro! Very sweet! I'm amazed!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family