Last Wednesday Doug was rough housing with the boys, and Clark landed a little funny. We took him to our pediatrician's house on Thursday and it looked okay and he was using his arm...but by Friday we knew something wasn't right. His collar bone was swollen and bruised and wouldn't use his right arm at all. We got an X-Ray on Monday and sure enough it was broken...sad!! I guess there's not much to do except wear this brace and let it heal on its own. He forgets and plays to rough with Grant, or slips and re-hurts it, and my heart hurts all over again. In a month or so he'll feel better thank goodness. I have 2 funny stories...While Clark was waiting for his x-ray he was talking to all the people in the waiting room. He is NOT shy and super friendly...what a great quality:) When the gal called his name, he pronounced loudly, "Hey that's my name! I go to get a ex-strayed now....bye!" What a funny kid. He held perfectly still and did great! I wish I would have taken a pic with my I-phone, it was sure interesting. Grant was a little too rough with him the other day, and hurt him. I pulled him aside and was explaining to him, that brother has a broken bone, we need to be extra soft...yada yada. He came really close to me, layed his head on my belly and said, "But Mom, I'm cute, I love you." Like saying those things would stop my lecture and him from getting in trouble Funny kid. They are a busy handful but I'm grateful that I get to be their Mom. | ||||||||||
A poem honoring my grief
3 years ago
Last Wednesday Doug was rough housing with the boys, and Clark landed a little funny. We took him to our pediatrician's house on Thursday and it looked okay and he was using his arm...but by Friday we knew something wasn't right. His collar bone was swollen and bruised and wouldn't use his right arm at all. We got an X-Ray on Monday and sure enough it was broken...sad!! I guess there's not much to do except wear this brace and let it heal on its own. He forgets and plays to rough with Grant, or slips and re-hurts it, and my heart hurts all over again. In a month or so he'll feel better thank goodness. I have 2 funny stories...While Clark was waiting for his x-ray he was talking to all the people in the waiting room. He is NOT shy and super friendly...what a great quality:) When the gal called his name, he pronounced loudly, "Hey that's my name! I go to get a ex-strayed now....bye!" What a funny kid. He held perfectly still and did great! I wish I would have taken a pic with my I-phone, it was sure interesting. Grant was a little too rough with him the other day, and hurt him. I pulled him aside and was explaining to him, that brother has a broken bone, we need to be extra soft...yada yada. He came really close to me, layed his head on my belly and said, "But Mom, I'm cute, I love you." Like saying those things would stop my lecture and him from getting in trouble Funny kid. They are a busy handful but I'm grateful that I get to be their Mom.



No comments:
Post a Comment