Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Memorial day adventures...Exploring Arizona

I am too lazy to make collages so you get all the pics in their big glory...sorry about that)

 
 For Memorial Day the weather was incredible...mid 80's for May is CRAZY talk. Doug is getting quite fed up with all this dreamy weather us Arizonain's have been having, but I secretly love it. So when Doug didn't have to work I said, "We need to do something outside!!" Facebook to the rescue. I asked my lovely friends on Fb for suggestions, and many said that the Boyce Thompson Arboretum in Superior was a fun thing to do. I have drove past this place a million times and always wanted to stop and I am so glad we did! It was like a beautiful Garden of Eden in our desert.


We saw jackrabbits, butterflies, and many lizards. The kids were in heaven....



I thought that it would just be desert plants, but there were so many different types of plant life. All labeled and beautiful!


They had a little childrens area that we spent some time in...really pretty...



Boyce Thompson bought the property in the 1930's and some of the original buildings were standing still...


 Spring blooms





Here are the sweeties next to the garden...
They had an amazing herb garden. The mint leaves and lemon leaves were so divine...makes me wish I was domestic and had a garden...



Ahh....what a cool place to explore! And almost right in our backyard.
We headed on the down the road a few miles to another place we have heard about for years. They make some dang good tortillas, fresh daily with no preservatives.

The place was a little shady..I'm sure many health code violations weren't adhered too, but oh man....that was some good eats! Beans with lard yeah buddy....and chips and salsa.... The girls also had to go the bathroom in the "Lounge" and that was quite an adventure. There were some folks already getting their drink on at 12:30 in the afternoon.








We came home happy and tired and fed our ward missionaries and called it a day. What a happy day indeed!

1 comment:

Jenny Knudsen said...

You are a fun mom! I haven't ever gone there, maybe we will have to give it a try. Love the pics too I always forget the camera.

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family