Wednesday, November 10, 2010

State Fair Fun

Last week we took a family trip to the State Fair...you could get it free with a donation. So we went to the dollar store and spent $6 and got our whole family in for free! Thankfully we got there early because the later we stayed the busier it got, and the crazier the people got...some really interesting people at the fair for sure!

Before we got too messy and to tired I made Doug go buy some Cotton Candy and we stopped at a cool ride and snapped a pic! I am inspired...next year I want to take our family pics there...what a colorful, vibrant place!






The rides were $1 so we rode a few rides...mostly the girls rode. Here is one we all rode together....





We ran into a preschool friend and rode the kiddie rides with him...the boys weren't tall enough to ride any rides...that was a bummer. They did not like waiting in the stroller.


This was their favorite ride...



We ate a turkey leg and french fries for dinner...yum but barf!! So much grease!! We also tried a frozen banana and deep fried twinkie....ehh...they were ok...

Another hit of the night was the petting zoo....the boys LOVED all of the animals...and we stayed in there quite a while. There were also some really awesome cows that the boys MOOed at all night.
bannana 


Overall a super fun family night and great memories for sure!

8 comments:

JLynn said...

Leah!
I love your family, so I love your new family pictures. :) your family is so beautiful. You are such good people. Since you mentioned the fun colors at the fair that you loved, it reminded me of my friend Anna's little sister's post about the fair. It's also your friend kathryn's sister-in-law too. angela is a cool gal and she sure knows how to take a pretty picture too. Hugs to you friend!

http://angelahardison.blogspot.com/2010/11/turn-on-bright-lights.html

Heather said...

Love the new blog header!

The fair! I have never been and want to go but Phil says it is just a bunch of dirty people with nasty food, blah, blah. Well, I still want to go and experience that for myself. Family pics at the fair would be awesome! So fun.

PS: Tell Doug that he is looking mighty fine! (I say that in the most respectful, friendly, I am married kinda way. :) Still, the boy is looking wonderful, go Doug!

raegan said...

You are brave! Love the pictures- great idea for family pics! :)

Sarah S. said...

Looks like a fun time. Cute pictures.

Sarah said...

So cute! Every kid needs to experience the state fair! I love your pictures! Next time try the fried pb&j.

Amanda said...

did grant have any fun? he looks grumpy in all the pictures.

Jeff and Mandy said...

Leah! I miss you friend! Haven't seen ya in forever! You have the cutest blog. The fair looked so fun. Wish we could have gone! Hope you are well!

lisa said...

So much fun! Great place for pics. I am hainging in there. Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family