A few weeks ago we had a Udall family reunion up north in the White Mountains. We were so excited to be with our family. Packing up with two 15 month old boys was almost laughable. These two busy boys are into everything. Climbing on the table, playing in the toilet water, playing with the computers...it's like they know when I open the door to my bedroom and they come running.
Anyways we got the truck loaded and hauled our little camper up the mountain. It was nice to be up in the cooler weather, but I was a nervous mommy. These little boys haven't been walking for very long so every rock, twig and dip in the dirt made me gasp and run behind them to help.
Later that evening the girls danced for the family and sang "All the single ladies" Audree was quite the little performer....showing everyone her whistles, and singing other little diddies. I wish I had a picture...she was precious.
So you know how you never really sleep good the first night camping? I only slept 2 hours with Clark waking up at 5:15am. My stomach was feeling weird and cramping so I took it easy that morning. We went to breakfast that morning and Audree started throwing up.....uh oh. Maybe it was something we ate....
We went on a hike down the creek a little later. Audree was acting ok not really complaining...so I thought it was just a fluke.
Look at all these cute kiddos
Little girls exploring.
Sadly just moments after this photo Audree threw up again...we went back to our campsite where she slept and threw up the rest of the afternoon. At about 3:00pm we thought...why are we here? So we loaded everything up and came home.
I was so sad to miss out on the games, the skits, and the memories with all my aunts, uncles and cousins.
So sad...what a post right?
A happier post coming soon...picture it....Amazing overcast skies, cool 65 degree weather....6 adults and 4 kiddos at Legoland and Sea World...ahh..





5 comments:
that stinks. sorry for the sicklies.
-Kathryn (still too lazy to sign out of my other account.)
Oh, I am so sorry that didn't go as planned. You are brave for trying though! We've had sick kiddos here too, some awful stomach virus, and while I've tried my hardest to keep my last child well, she started getting horribly sick yesterday and tomorrow is her birthday! I'm going to have to reschedule their party and everything. Totally sucks so I know how you feel. I hate for me or my little ones to miss out on anything. I try to tell myself it's just life but it is SO disappointing. That's a really cute picture on the rock.
I love escaping the heat. I don't love packing the whole dang house just to get away, vacations with littles are seemingly more work than just staying home. I hope you are all better now.
poor thing! atleast you attempted it, right?
What a sad little trip! How fun that you went to San Diego too! Can't wait to hear about it! Let's get together before preschool starts!
Post a Comment