My cousin Jill texted my last night and told me about the Veteran's Parade in Downtown Mesa. So my friend Jess and I decided to take the girls and go. Doug got off work early so he came too. It was a really beautiful day and a great parade. I got teary eyed a few times and started crying when one veteran saluted another. I just love america....I think my generation doesn't realize how blessed we are. I'm so grateful to live here and for the people that have sacrificed for our freedom.
Jessica with her girls Sage and Sydnee

I told the girls to give a hug....this is what I got:)
Jessica with her girls Sage and Sydnee
I told the girls to give a hug....this is what I got:)







12 comments:
I love parades! I totally agree with you too, I don't think we realize how great and how EASY we have it. I am trying to teach my kids though! Looks like everyone had fun!
It was a good day! I was worried at first that all we'd see is vets riding in convertables. I'm glad they added the scouts and bands and tanks and stuff. That made it fun!
"Fwag" !!! hehe i bet curtis would have loved the parade too!
I love parades! Looks like fun! Cute pics....Are you taking any more pics before CHristmas? Since you did such an AWESOME job, I have had some people ask if you could take theirs???
I love parades too. That's great that you are teaching them patriotism. Josh is in love with flags and flag songs lately now. I love it. I'm interested in some pics too if you have time. I know it's getting close though! Sheesh.
oh leah, i looked at your photography website and you do such a fabulous job! you should be so proud! i saw the ones you took on jill's blog of her family too! way cute and she is prego again! sometime next year when we are down, we'll have to schedule a family photo shoot with you! you do such a great job! can you photo shop the pics so they are sepia with the hints of color here and there? i love those kinds of pictures, i think they are so beautiful and I was wondering if you did that? i would love some family pics next year like that! tomorrow i go to pick up some family photos we got done 2 weeks ago! i'm so excited! i love family photos, now that I have a precious fam! :) awwww,...
Sounds like fun!
Hey Leah! What a good mommy to take your kids to a veteran's day parade. I didn't even know they had one here. Your girls are so very cute. Hey, I will see you tomorrow. I'm excited.
Your girls are as cute as always. I am glad you had fun at the parade. My girls always love parades.
How fun !! It was great to see you yesterday. Thanks for putting me back in touch with your blog. Its so fun to see how fast your girls are growing.
I couldn't agree with you more! I don't think people appreciate the sacrifice that so many make so that we can enjoy our freedom. I am sooo proud of our soliders, past-present-future and their families that sacrifice so much for us!
Leah, thanks again for taking our family pics, it was so good to see you. You have the perfect personality to be a photographer, you're so bubbly and fun and good with kids. Sorry my Porter was so hyper that night - sometimes he's calm and other times, whoa! Anyway, I can't wait to see 'em. No pressure. Take your time!
Post a Comment