Friday, January 19, 2007

We made it! 1 year of Breastfeeding!

We did it! I am so proud of me and my girls! We made it to a year!!! At times it seemed like we wouldn't make it this far but we did. And they weigh......drumroll

Audree....21 lbs!
Livvy.....20 lbs!

They started out at 7.3 and 5.10 so they are growing just fine. I am so glad that I gave them this gift.
We are weaning and will be done soon... but that is good too. From about 9-10 months it was such a fight to get them to nurse.

And just so all you new mom's know....it wasn't always a piece of cake! We had 4 rounds of thrush.... , mastitis, a few clogged ducts, and biting holes in my nipples.

Even though it was hard at times, I love that I made so big and strong. I love the smiles with milk, the patting while eating and the yummy sweet grunts while they eat.

Just had to share my joy...thanks for reading!

4 comments:

JLynn said...

So the girls actually bit holes in your nipples??!! explain that one more! i'll need your help considering you have done it through all those infections!Congrats Leah on your accomplishment of breastfeeding twins for a year! That really is ALOT of hard work! You are a dedicated momma! you remind them about it when they are teenagers and all that you do/have done for them! ;o) I'm determined already mentally to breastfeed! I know it's gonna be hard and painful! Thanks for sharing...and being the "breast" example...:) ha ha...just a little ole' jb humor for ya! love ya!

Jennie said...

JB! You are so funny! Anyway, Leah, you are AMAZING! Breastfeeding, I think, is the hardest thing I ever went through...and I didn't get to do it as long as you did!

Leah said...

JB ...you crack me up! I will call or email ya with more details...thanks girls!

Kerrie said...

Leah i feel your pain and am so impressed that you kept going even after they were biting you! Ouch! When Josh starting constantly biting me, i was DONE! I'm impressed you kept going. Bravo!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!

The Best A/C Guy in Town!!
Call us and recieve a discount! 480-718-9820 www.theACdoctors.com

Little Livie

Little Livie
Sassy, spirited 3 year old

The Girls

The Girls

Mr. Clark

Mr. Clark
1 week old

The boys

The boys

Mr. Grant

Mr. Grant
1 week old

Blog Archive

Sweet Audree

Sweet Audree
Fun loving 3 year old

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

I am married to my best friend and H.S. Sweetheart

My Sweet Family

My Sweet Family